Tetra Tech International Development Services (http://www.tetratech.com/intdev) headquartered in Arlington, VA is currently accepting expressions of interest from qualified Land Tenure and Property Rights (LTPR) professionals.
The Land Tenure and Property Rights Associate or Senior Associate is expected to provide technical expertise to support project implementation, proposal preparation and writing as well as to contribute to sectoral thought leadership, with an emphasis on land administration policy and systems and related sub-themes. Potential roles also include project and proposal management and opportunity identification. These part-time positions will assist the LTPR Sector Director, and the LTPR team in general to deliver a range of products and advise on diverse challenges and opportunities. .
This advertisement is to fill one or more part-time positions which can be based remotely or in our Burlington, VT or Arlington, VA offices.
* Provide technical advisement to clients and stakeholders as required for project based technical assistance (assignments will vary)
* Prepare reports, terms of reference, agenda and other technical deliverables for projects as assigned, including doing technical research, interviews, field assessments, drafting and editing
* Contribute to thought leadership through innovation and communication
* Review and comment on reports, terms of reference, agenda and other technical deliverables as well as aspects of proposals as requested
* Mentor and coach other staff and support team activities
* Other duties as might be assigned as relevant to skills and level of development
* Advanced degree in Law, international development, sociology, economics/agricultural economics or other relevant field of study
* 12 or more years of experience working in international development projects related to land administration, land tenure and property rights, and other land governance topics; as part of a broader urban or rural development project or in standalone land projects. Demonstrated capabilities required for project management, expert technical advisory services, and new business development
* Experience working in Sub-Saharan Africa is required, LAC and Asia are desirable as well.
* English is required; French, Spanish or other regionally relevant languages desirable
* Availability to travel at least 30%
* U.S. citizenship or a valid U.S. work permit is required
To be considered applicants must submit the following as part of the online application process:
* Cover Letter
* CV in reverse chronological format
* Optional: Writing sample of no more than 10 pages, is which the applicant is the sole author or authored sections are highlighted.
Please ensure that all necessary documents are uploaded, as incomplete applications and/or corrupt files may delay processing of your application or remove you from consideration. Applications that do not meet the minimum requirements listed above will not be considered.
Tetra Tech is a leading provider of high-end consulting and engineering services for projects worldwide. With more than 20,000 associates working together, Tetra Tech provides clear solutions to complex problems in water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development. Tetra Tech combines the resources of a global, multibillion dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in over 400 locations around the world. We offer competitive compensation and benefits and are searching for innovative people to join our teams. We are Leading with Science® to provide sustainable and resilient solutions for our clients. We are an equal opportunity employer: EOE AA/M/F/Vets/Disability.