Tetra Tech International Development Services, headquartered in Arlington, VA, is currently accepting expressions of interest from qualified Land Affairs Manager candidates for the USAID-funded Strengthening Livelihood and Resilience Activity in Democratic Republic of the Congo. The purpose of the Activity is to improve resilience capacities in vulnerable households and communities to enable people, households and communities to escape poverty and chronic vulnerability. This project will be implemented in the DRC Resilience Focus Zone, specifically, Ituri Province.
The Land Affairs Manager will lead efforts to advance land-titling in rural areas along with continued land restitution support. S/he will support land titling specialists to develop effective activities and ensure lessons learned are captured. S/he will serve as the principal point of contact with experts at the counterpart government entities on issues related to land formalization pilots at the national, provincial and local levels.
The successful candidate will demonstrate effective management experience in post-conflict and insecure environments as well as proven experience supporting land formalization initiatives in the Democratic Republic of the Congo. Additionally, s/he should possess:
* Master’s degree or bachelor’s plus an additional three years’ experience in economics, political science, law, natural resource management or a related field;
* Experience managing international cooperation programs related to land formalization and titling in sub-Saharan Africa, with a demonstrated understanding of the regional context regarding property disputes, formal and informal adjudication of land disputes, and conflict mediation;
* Experience in Ituri, North Kivu, South Kivu and Tanganyika or similar context strongly preferred;
* Demonstrated ability successfully managing sensitive high-level relationships with government counterparts and employing conflict mitigation skills while managing teams of highly qualified short-term consultants and long-term staff;
* Excellent oral and written skills in English and French;
* DRC nationals and especially women are strongly encouraged to apply.
To be considered applicants must submit the following as part of the online application process:
* Cover Letter
* CV in reverse chronological format
Please ensure that all necessary documents are uploaded, as incomplete applications and/or corrupt files may delay processing of your application or remove you from consideration. Applications that do not meet the minimum requirements listed above will not be considered. No phone calls will be accepted.
Tetra Tech is a leading provider of consulting, engineering, and technical services worldwide. Our reputation rests on the technical expertise and dedication of our employees – 20,000 people working together across disciplines and time zones to provide smart, sustainable solutions for challenging projects. We are proud to be home to leading technical experts in water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development. Tetra Tech combines the resources of a global, multibillion dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in over 400 locations around the world. We offer competitive compensation and benefits and are searching for innovative people to join our teams. We are an equal opportunity employer: EOE AA/M/F/Vets/Disability.