Close relatives1 of ADB staff, except spouses of international staff, are not eligible for recruitment and appointment to staff positions. Applicants are expected to disclose if they have any relative/s by consanguinity/blood, by adoption and/or by affinity/marriage presently employed in ADB.
1Close relatives refer to spouse, children, mother, father, brother and sister, niece, nephew, aunt and uncle
Staff on probation are not eligible to apply. Applicants for promotion must have served at their position for at least one year and must have normally served at their personal level for at least two years immediately preceding the date of the vacancy closing date. Applicants for lateral transfer must have served at their position and personal level for at least one year immediately preceding the date of the vacancy closing date (reference A.O. 2.03, paragraphs 5.8 and 5.9).
Asian Development Bank (ADB) is an international development finance institution headquartered in Manila, Philippines and is composed of 68 members, 49 of which are from the Asia and Pacific region. ADB is committed to achieving a prosperous, inclusive, resilient, and sustainable Asia and the Pacific, while sustaining its efforts to eradicate extreme poverty. ADB combines finance, knowledge, and partnerships to fulfill its expanded vision under its Strategy 2030.
ADB only hires nationals of its 68 members.
The position is assigned in the Knowledge Advisory Services Center (SDCC-KC) within the Sustainable Development and Climate Change Department. The Sustainable Development and Climate Change Department provides leadership, innovation, and knowledge sharing for ADB’s sector and thematic work. SDCC-KC is responsible for, in the main: (a) providing advice on knowledge management systems and processes in the bank in keeping with the provisions on knowledge in Strategy 2030; (b) reporting to Management and the Board on generation and usage of knowledge products and services; (c) advising and supporting Sector and Thematic Groups on skills development programs related to their individual sectors and themes; (d) coordinating the Innovation stream of work in the bank; (e) advising RDs and RMs on country knowledge programming related to the CPS and COBP processes; and (f) advising on knowledge partnership work for entities across the bank.
To view ADB Organizational Chart, please click here.
The Knowledge Sharing and Services Analyst will provide technical and administrative support in the delivery of Knowledge Advisory Services Center’s (SDCC-KC’s) activities to contribute to ADB becoming a more efficient and innovative knowledge enterprise. The incumbent will report to Chief, SDCC-KC, or designated IS or senior National Staff.
Deliver knowledge sharing programs, processes, and services
• Conduct research, quantitative and qualitative analysis, and provide administrative services and technical support, as needed, related to the delivery of knowledge sharing programs, processes, and services specifically in: (i) sector and thematic training and cross-sector learning; (ii) online learning; (iii) business processes and IT solutions for knowledge capture, storage, retrieval, transfer, and application; and (iv) knowledge sharing, learning, and dissemination through external relations and networking.
• Support the organization and implementation of conferences, seminars, and workshops on knowledge sharing and services, undertake research and analytical work needed to develop reports, structures, agenda, and implementation plans and budgets, and assist the implementation thereof.
Promote the use of online learning and e-learning
• Help deliver training, tutorial, and coaching and mentoring sessions to enable staff to produce and deliver online learning programs.
Facilitate staff sector and thematic skills development
• Undertake research and coordinate inputs leading to the identification and development of learning and development programs by Sector and Thematic Groups, including through conduct of training needs assessments.
• Administer and monitor the utilization of the STT budget as well as the outcomes of training programs funded by this budget.
Delivery of Client-Specific Services
• Provide administrative and technical support to supervisors in the design, implementation, improvement, and evaluation of designated SDCC-KC services:
– Knowledge capture, sharing, and learning initiatives, and reporting on them to SDCC and bank-wide Management
– Knowledge helpdesk (queries related to online learning and skills development)
– External relations and networking
– Marketing of KASC knowledge products and services
– KM applications from modernized IT platforms
Leveraging Partners’ Knowledge
• Conduct research and follow-up on partners, multilateral development banks, and development agencies on KM tools, systems, and processes as a result of their visits to ADB.
Effective Management and Operation of the Center
• Assist in the development and maintenance of standard operating practices for the administration of SDCC-KC, including but not limited to: client management and support initiatives, databases, work plans, budget reports, meetings, agreements, and projects.
• Assist in technical assistance (TA) processing and administration, engagement of consultants and preparation of annual, midyear, and revised budget estimates of SDCC-KC.
• Compile key performance indicator information/reports that assist SDCC-KC to monitor results of its services and knowledge status across ADB. Provide periodic progress reports (eg, delivered knowledge products and services (KPS) for the MCM and key KPS for the monthly Management Information System and the semi-annual Work Program and Budget Framework).
Relevant Experience & Requirements
• Bachelor’s degree in any sector or thematic discipline.
• At least 5 years in a commercial or government role that preferably involved adult learning, knowledge management, knowledge product development and dissemination, and client relationships.
• Prior experience in working on KM processes and systems in ADB would be an asset.
• Familiarity with using tools to manage virtual workshops.
• Minimum of 5 years of relevant professional experience.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English is required
• Please refer to the link for ADB Competency Framework for AS7.
The selected candidate, if new to ADB, is appointed for an initial term of 3 years.
ADB offers competitive remuneration and a comprehensive benefits package. Actual appointment salary will be based on ADB’s standards and computation, taking into account the selected individual’s qualifications and experience.
This vacancy is a local staff position.
ADB seeks to ensure that everyone is treated with respect and given equal opportunities to work in an inclusive environment. ADB encourages all qualified candidates to apply regardless of their racial, ethnic, religious and cultural background, gender, sexual orientation or disabilities. Women are highly encouraged to apply.
Please note that the actual level and salary will be based on qualifications of the selected candidate.