Job title: IM Knowledge Management Officer
Department: PMI Impact Malaria
Based in Washington, DC
Who we are
With over 45 years of experience, working in over 60 countries, Population Services International (PSI) is the world’s leading non-profit social marketing organization. PSI is reimagining healthcare, by putting the consumer at the center, and wherever possible – bringing care to the front door. We are working to fix market failures, shape future health markets and shift policy and funding to better support consumer empowered healthcare.
There are over 8,000 “PSI’ers” around the world. We are a diverse group of entrepreneurial development professionals with a wide range of backgrounds and experience. All with unique skills that we bring to the critically important work that we do.
Impact Malaria Program
The US Presidents Malaria Initiative (PMI) Impact Malaria (IM) project is PMI’s flagship global malaria service delivery project, helping to improve the quality and increase the delivery of malaria diagnosis and treatment services in up to 27 countries around the world. PMI Impact Malaria is a USAID contract hosted and led by PSI as the prime contractor.
IM is seeking to recruit a Knowledge Management (KM) Officer in order to promote the effective use of information, the institutionalized management of information, and knowledge products by IM Core Team for Country Teams and Subcontractors. The objective of this function is to support improved working practices based on the identified information and knowledge needs of IM Core Team, Country Teams and Subcontractors. The KM Officer is expected to contribute to the improving performance of IM through more effective institutionalized approaches to the collection, processing, management, and dissemination of knowledge products and other information-related materials. Building the capacity of IM in KM is a critical role to be played by the KM Officer. The successful applicant must demonstrate competency in transferring knowledge, expertise, and as well as expertise in the knowledge management field.
- Spearhead the development and execution of the KM Governance Plan, including but not limited to the development of a comprehensive mapping of KM information sources and knowledge which includes processes, architecture, taxonomies, development of management and dissemination processes, etc.
- Redesign IM SharePoint site based on identified needs of the project while building off work previously started to ensure easy access to all project partners and collaborators.
- Manage IM SharePoint in accordance to the KM Governance Plan and enforce team roles and responsibilities as outlined in the Plan.
- Oversee capacity building and support for internal knowledge acquisition, management and sharing. Support development of staff, consultants and key partners on all aspects of knowledge management which includes creating and recommending related workflow processes as needed.
- Create an approach for guiding on-going analyses to monitor the effectiveness of the knowledge management initiatives by observing its usage, evaluating its impact in terms of the organizational benefits to then address observed KM gaps; and for identifying opportunities for innovation, process, procedure and policymaking/adjustments.
- Look broadly across IM country programs and help identify areas of synergy and cross-learning to contribute to global project goals.
- Aid IM project staff in developing relevant communities of practice as needed and recommended.
- Manage, coordinate, and drive forward content development for existing and new channels for knowledge sharing such as technical brown bags, “Wednesday Webinars” series, quarterly technical calls, and others. Produce related/supporting internal information sharing documents.
- Provide support and content to the annual reporting process and development of the report.
- Manage roster of project outputs. Upload required documents to USAID’s Development Experience Clearinghouse.
- In collaboration with the Senior Management Team and the Communications Manager, help determine IM end of project outputs; create and shepherd plans to achieve those outputs.
- Manage PSI Knowledge Management initiatives as related to IM, including but not limited to managing and monitoring the “Deliverables Tracker (D-Tracker)” for IM.
What are we looking for?
The candidate we hire will embody PSI’s corporate values:
Collaboration: You can work independently, but thrive within a team.
Trust: You trust that your manager and team will have your back and care deeply about gaining that same trust from your teammates
Pragmatism: You dive in and maintain momentum even when things are ambiguous and you don’t let perfect get in the way of good enough.
Honesty: You aren’t afraid to speak up and speak your mind.
Measurement: You set clear and challenging goals and hold yourself accountable to driving measurable results.
Commitment: You’re independent and a free thinker, but you’re ready to buy in to the direction of the team and commit to its success.
- Possesses a bachelor’s or master’s degree in library science, information technology, or related field with in-depth knowledge of and experience using SharePoint required (and other systems a bonus) plus knowledge management skills with a minimum of 3 years of relevant work experience.
- Excellent communications skills, strong attention to details, and expert planning and follow up skills.
- Demonstrates excellent English language skills and proficiency to quickly write and edit complex communications products for purposeful structure, clarity of ideas, and logical, persuasive presentation. *Fluency in French is highly desirable.
- Demonstrates ability to nurture and maintain relationships and communications with critical internal and external stakeholders. Ability to guide and influence IM Team Members and “herd cats.”
- Demonstrates ability to think strategically and to rapidly analyze diverse information from varied sources and provide solutions.
- Demonstrates ability and the necessary organizational skills to take initiative, personal ownership, and accountability to meet deadlines, work under pressure, balance competing demands and achieve agreed-upon results.
- Demonstrates ability for teamwork in a multicultural environment.
- Has strong understanding of Project Management and can identify opportunities for KM along the project life cycle.
- Experience of communications technologies used by international organizations is a plus.
- Expertise in Microsoft Office 365, knowledge of and expertise of workflow processes a plus.
- Must be authorized to work in the United States. N.B. PSI will not consider work visa sponsorship for this position.
- The successful candidate will be required to pass a background check.
- References will be required.
What would get us excited?
- You love details and have exceptional skills in following up and following through.
- Born leader of organizing initiatives.
- Skilled in managing by influence and building relationships, including managing up and laterally.
- You thrive in a fast-paced, teamwork environment, have a sense of humor, and keep cool under stress.
PSI is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages applications from qualified individuals regardless of actual or perceived race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, personal appearance, matriculation, political affiliation, family status or responsibilities, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, childbirth, related medical conditions or breastfeeding, genetic information, amnesty, veteran, special disabled veteran or uniform service member status or employment status.
ACCESSIBILITY NOTICE: If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process due to a physical or mental disability, please send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org or call (202)785-0072.