Position: Knowledge Management Consultant
Department: PMI Impact Malaria
Based: Washington, DC or Remote
Who we are
Population Services International (PSI) is the world’s leading non-profit social marketing organization. We are a diverse group of over 5,000 entrepreneurial development professionals located in over 40 countries committed to making it easier for all people to lead healthier lives and plan the families they desire. PSI is using it’s global presence and 50+ years of experience to help reimagine healthcare. We are working to shape market systems, shift policy and funding, and strengthen global capacity to better support consumer empowered healthcare.
PMI Impact Malaria
The U.S. President’s Malaria Initiative (PMI) Impact Malaria project is PMI’s flagship global service delivery project, supporting countries in their efforts to fight malaria and save lives by strengthening diagnosis, treatment, and drug-based prevention for those most at risk—particularly young children and pregnant women. PMI Impact Malaria is a USAID contract hosted and led by PSI as the prime contractor.
PMI Impact Malaria is helping national malaria control programs tackle malaria service delivery challenges by working to:
- Close the gaps in malaria diagnosis and treatment to get the right medicine, with the correct diagnosis, to patients in need, in the timeliest
- Unlock the potential of key drug-based prevention approaches by helping countries introduce, implement, and scale-up proven
- Strengthen malaria health systems and data for decision-making to accelerate service delivery improvements and advance key
The PMI Impact Malaria (IM) team provides global technical leadership along with implementation support and technical assistance in health facility and community settings in up to 27 countries around the world.
We are a focused, multi-disciplined, and multi-cultured team, based out of Washington DC, working through PSI country offices as well as through our partners Jhpiego, MCDI, and UCSF.
Using their knowledge management expertise, the consultant will work with IM, the Child Health Task Force (CHTF), and partners to spearhead the re-organization of integrated community case management (iCCM) tools on the CHTF website including:
- Independently create an inventory of iCCM tools on the current website;
- Liaise with multiple international and national organizations and targeted Ministries of Health to acquire the most up-to-date versions of iCCM tools;
- Assess needs for updated or additional tools in targeted countries;
- Collaborate with CHTF web design and IT teams to launch a user-friendly webpage that facilitates access to iCCM tools.
The website is managed from the back end by the CHTF Secretariat, based at John Snow, Inc. The consultant will collaborate with the web team to create the new iCCM page.
This assignment will start as soon as possible and require a maximum of 110 days of level of effort (LOE).
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in a relevant field such as communications, knowledge management, library science or information technology with a focus in public health;
- Minimum 5 years of experience in knowledge management and/or library science;
- Knowledge of web design and web content management systems preferred
- Superb English writing and editing skills;
- Excellent communications skills, strong attention to details, and expert planning as well as follow-up skills in order to arrive at a singular consensus among stakeholders for the final product;
- Experience and excellence in working with a large and diverse group;
- Demonstrated ability and the necessary organizational skills to take initiative, personal ownership, and accountability to meet deadlines, work under pressure, balance competing demands, and achieve agreed-upon results.
What would get us excited?
- Detail-oriented, organized, and have exceptional skills in following through on tasks;
- Excels at coordinating with large and diverse group of stakeholders;
- Public health experience allowing you to identify pertinent iCCM tools and their relevance to the final product;
- Experience with communications technologies used by international organizations
- Expertise in Microsoft Office 365 and familiar with web content management systems.
PSI is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages applications from qualified individuals regardless of actual or perceived race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, personal appearance, matriculation, political affiliation, family status or responsibilities, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, childbirth, related medical conditions or breastfeeding, genetic information, amnesty, veteran, special disabled veteran or uniform service member status or employment status.