Creative Associates International is a dynamic, fast-growing global development firm that specializes in education, economic growth, governance and post-crisis stabilization. Based in Washington, D.C., Creative has a field presence in more than 25 countries
with a strong client portfolio that includes the U.S. Agency for International Development and the State Department, among others. Since its founding in 1977, Creative has earned a solid reputation among its clients and is well-regarded by competitors and
The Knowledge Management (KM) team connects information and learning generated from Creative’s development projects to Creative staff who share and apply it to other development projects. In this dynamic interchange, the Knowledge Management team leads
the identification of knowledge pertinent to Creative and the development community, collaborates with staff to create, share and apply the knowledge, and curates the knowledge for quality, usability, and access by Creative staff. This position supports the
Knowledge Management Director in the development and implementation of KM strategies and tools – such as KM plans, technical documents, and trainings or events associated with Creative’s development projects – for broader company use and, ultimately, development
The KM Associate supports KM initiatives within the Company working directly with field and headquarters staff for Creative’s projects and proposals globally.
The KM Associate leads the KM Portal content, aggregating data and documents from different sources within the company.
This position reports to the Senior Director, Knowledge Management Department.
- Supports KM team, other Divisions and field staff by following Creative and Client procedures and processes;
- Work with IT and KM translating business requirements into IT solutions while delivering end products that meet KM objectives on time, within budget, and within scope.
- Keep the Knowledge Portal current with the expected data and knowledge of Creative’s projects, staff, and overall assets, including external benchmarking and evaluation programs.
- Disseminate information about the organization’s knowledge management program to internal and external audiences, including organizing Knowledge sharing events, (knowledge exchange symposium, site visits, interviews), maintaining communications on knowledge
sharing across Creative, (the weekly newsletter, briefings), and participating in orientation and training sessions; Mentor Creative staff from headquarters and field offices on the creation of Knowledge Products;
- Contribute to high quality KM Products through reviewing, editing, and writing Technical Notes, KM sections of Proposals, briefs, etc.
- Research, collect and organize information to develop reports on Creative’s experience.
- Promote knowledge management and its integration for learning throughout the organization’s operational, business, and project systems.
- Support KM within the parameters of USAID’s CLA framework, systems, and policies. Implement guidance and quality standards for an effective KM approach of knowledge identification, capture, sharing, learning and application.
Required Skills & Qualifications:
- Bachelor degree in Communications, Information Management, Business, international development, or related field;
- Minimum 4 years’ work experience in a relevant area (knowledge or content management, information management, business analysis);
- Experience collecting and converting data and information into knowledge;
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills;
- Proven ability to communicate with different audience groups varying in size, technical backgrounds and seniority;
- Demonstrated organizational and administrative skills;
- Strong computer skills (Microsoft Office Suite and SharePoint);
- Proven ability to work effectively in a team-oriented setting while also taking initiative to complete assigned tasks with high quality and within a tight timeframe.
Desired Skills and Qualifications:
- Master’s degree in a related field;
- Experience writing and gathering business requirements and interviewing stakeholders
- Prior experience with platform development and/or database design;
- Understanding of international development industry and USAID structure and assistance mechanisms.
- Proficiency with SharePoint;
- Proficiency in Data Analytics tools (Tableau, Power BI, etc.).
Only finalists will be contacted. No phone calls, please.