The overall objective of the project, which this contract will be a part, is to support the Government of Ethiopia to improve health and nutrition of Ethiopian citizens with specific emphasis on improving health and nutrition of women and adolescent girls and children under five years of age.
• To support Ethiopia’s Developing Regional States (DRS) and the Federal Ministry of Health to develop Regional Grant proposals/project documents to be financed from the Social Determinants of Health (SDH) for Gender Equality program;
• To provide capacity building support (including on the job trainings on grant contract management/EDF procedures) to enable DRS effectively implement and manage their respective Regional Grants.
We welcome applications for the position of the Key experts. The profile description can be found below:
Key experts 2, 3 and 4: Three Service Delivery Experts (Social Determinants of Health Specialists)
The minimum number of working days for each of these key experts is 660 days over a period of 36 months. These key experts should work 100 percent of the time in Ethiopia
Qualifications and skills
- Advanced university degree (at least master’s degree or equivalent) in public health or Sexual & Reproductive Health (SRH) or Water and Sanitation & Hygiene (WaSH) or Nutrition or Gender studies or related fields from recognized university;
- Organization skills;
- Excellent knowledge of Word, Excel and Power Point;
- Proficiency in English (oral and written).
General professional experience
- At least 7 years of experience in managing multi-sectoral public health programme interventions in developing countries, preferably in Africa
- Demonstrated working experience in projects supporting sector wide programme in a decentralised service delivery systems
- Proven project management
- Prior work experience in Ethiopia and knowledge of one or more working language(s) of the country is an asset
Specific professional experience
- At least 5 years recent working experience in coordinating multi-sectoral programme interventions
- Proven experience in coordinating situation analysis and grant proposal development for a multi-sectoral interventions, preferably in developing country context;
- Experience in providing technical support and building government’s capacity in areas of sexual and reproductive health, nutrition, WaSH, gender and socio-cultural determinants of health outcomes;
- Demonstrated experience in defining and implementing project M&E systems/frameworks and reporting as per defined result chain;
- Experience in training government officials on EU procedures and in supporting government performance reporting systems.
- Previous experience providing technical assistance to sub-national governments in developing and managing programmes addressing Social Determinants of Health (including one or more of the following fields: Sexual Reproductive Health/Family Planning, Nutrition, WaSH, Harmful Traditional Practices (HTPs) and Gender issues)
Start Date: Mid-April 2020
Length of the project: 36 months
Location: Afar, Benishangul-Gumuz, and Gambella