DAI Brussel has been shortlisted for the is “ Regional facility for Business development and investment climate Eastern Africa, Southern Africa and Indian Ocean” .
The purpose of the contract is to deliver high-level technical assistance to strengthen access to finance and implementation of dedicated financial instruments, and improve the investment climate for inclusive and sustainable growth, job creation and decent work. A Regional Technical Assistance Facility (hereinafter the RTAF), will be established, pooling expertise from Academia, technical experts, practitioners and business managers from Europe and Africa.
The RTAF will provide research, advisory services, trainings, long-term technical assistance, short-term consultancies and expert missions to be mobilised at short notice.
â€‹The Team Leader (Senior key expert 1) and senior key experts 2, 3 and 4 will be based in Brussels. Their role in this assignment require a communication on a daily basis among the team and with the European Commission in the relevant DEVCO unit, and with geographic or thematic units of the European Commission and EU delegations.
All key and non-key experts may be deployed (or recruited locally), at short notice in any country of the region, or any other part of the world if it is deemed necessary for the achievement of the contract objectives and purposes. In certain cases, to be specified, it may be required for contracted personnel, either short term or long-term, to be posted within the facilities of the European Commission, a partner country or regional organisation, or a EU delegation to ensure efficiency and close cooperation with EU or relevant staff.
All together, the team shall have complementary experience and expertise about the all-regional area covered by the RTAF, including in fragile countries. The tenderer should assume that key experts will be required on a full time basis.
The intended start date is 16 November 2020 and the period of implementation of the contract will be 48 months from this date.
Key expert 3 – Economics and market reform expert
Qualifications and skills
- A level of education corresponding to at least 5 years’ completed university studies in economics, business management and/or other related fields or a professional qualification of an equivalent level, followed by a minimum of 6 years’ relevant professional experience;
- Excellent writing and oral presentation skills in English. Working knowledge of French and/or Portuguese and/or Arabic would be an advantage;
- Expertise in project management (including coordination, planning, note-taking and reporting, liaising with experts and stakeholder groups, drafting terms of reference for the provision of short-term expertise and organising the selection of experts, assisting the experts in the organisation of events, reporting to the EU);
- Expertise in the financial & administrative requirements of EU contracts;
- Fully computer literate, proficient user of Microsoft Office and good understanding of database software.
General professional experience
- At least 10 years of professional experience, following the above mentioned education level, covering the identification, formulation and/or evaluation of policies and strategies in the area of business environment reform and value chain development;
- At least 10 years of relevant professional experience in developing countries;
- At least 5 years of experience in the private sector preferably in a SME;
- Work experience with other development agencies will be an asset;
Specific professional experience
- At least 5 years of experience with sector approaches for Business environment reforms, private sector development, trade and support to MSMEs;
- Demonstrable specific expertise in dialogues and negotiations with national Governments;
- Demonstrable knowledge of the latest developments of national and international, including EU, policies and programmes in the field of business environment reform;
We thank you for your interest in this project. Due to the big amount of candidatures received for this kind of position, only shortlisted candidates, meeting the criteria will be contacted.