The Core Team of experts will be based in Latin America and the Caribbean and Europe.
The Contractor will support the sound management, implementation and follow-up of the Facility (including support to on-going projects from the first phase and to projects still to be contracted under ADELANTE 2), providing technical assistance and expertise, and further ensuring the Communication and Visibility aspects.
The Contractor will create a rapid response mechanism (platform hosted on ADELANTE’s website) for triangular proposals submitted by different actors.
Finally, the Contractor will support the institutionalisation of the management of international cooperation in partner countries by providing technical assistance or specific trainings. In addition, if there is a decision to move towards pillar assessment of existing agencies, by mobilising expertise from EU Member States, to support this process.
We welcome applications for the position the following position:
Key expert 2: Project manager (880 days)
Qualifications and skills
- Advanced university degree (Master’s degree or equivalent) in a field such as Business Administration, Economics, Law, Political Sciences, International Relations, Social Sciences or a related discipline, or equivalent professional experience, which will be evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
- Good managerial, communication and inter-personal skills, qualities of dialogue and of negotiation.
- Excellent command of English and Spanish. Good command of Portuguese would be an asset.
General professional experience
- Proven experience as project or programme manager (minimum duration of 6 years) in international development cooperation.
Specific professional experience
- Proven experience (minimum duration of 5 years) in the management and implementation of EU and/or EU Member States programmes and projects including contractual and financial procedures.
- Proven experience (minimum duration of 4 years) in development cooperation projects in Latin America and Caribbean countries.
- Proven experience (minimum duration of 3 years) in the set-up and implementation of trainings, seminars and workshops.
- Proven experience in regional cooperation or triangular cooperation projects (minimum duration of 2 years) would be an asset.
Due to the high level of candidatures we receive, we will only be in contact with shortlisted candidates.