Qualification and skills:
- A Master’s degree in economics, public administration, international development, political science, social science, or another directly related discipline, or equivalent professional experience of 10 years is a minimum requirement.
- Fluency in English.
- Very good skills delivering training and facilitating workshops and conferences.
- Computer literacy (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook or equivalent).
- Ability to work in a multi-disciplinary team and engage with a wide variety of stakeholders.
General professional experience:
- Eight (8) years’ experience in parliamentary support/development projects or governance support in developing countries is a minimum requirement.
- Proven experience in capacity building in state institutions, and/or policy development.
- Previous experience in Namibia or any other SADC country would be an advantage.
Specific professional experience:
- Five (5) years’ experience of providing assistance directly to Parliaments in the areas of budgeting, oversight of public policies and programmes and/or institutional strengthening is a minimum requirement.