The aim of this service contract is to provide targeted Technical Assistance to the Government of Bangladesh in the areas of Domestic Revenue Mobilisation (DRM) with the National Board of Revenues and domestic accountability with the Office of the Comptroller and Auditor General and the National Parliament, in particular the financial oversight committees. The focus will be on institutional strengthening, inter alia on-the-job training, policy advice, analytical review, development of manuals, strategies and other relevant publications, peer to peer exchanges and similar knowledge-based actions.
Key Expert 2 – Domestic Revenue Mobilization
Qualifications and skills:
- University degree in Public Administration, Economics, Management, Social Sciences or equivalent
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Fluency in English
General Professional Experience:
- Preferably 8 years of experience in the field of PFM, institutional building and governance
- At least 5 years of experience in institutional development in developing countries
- Experience in Public Finance Management and / or EU budget support programmes will be an asset.
Specific Professional Experience
- 5 years of experience in domestic revenue mobilization
- Following would be an asset: experience in revenue policy and administration, MTFF, PEFA and TADAT framework, debt management, taxation
- Knowledge of and working experience in Bangladesh and/or the region is an asset.