Key expert 2: Citizen Security and crime prevention Expert
Qualifications and skills
- University degree in Public Administration, Political and/or Social Sciences, Law, International Relations, War, Peace and Conflict Studies or other relevant, directly related discipline or equivalent relevant professional experience.
- Excellent interpersonal consultation and communication skills, ability to dialogue with national authorities and institutional structures, interact with government officials and to establish harmonious working relationships and support all members of a team.
- Team management skills as well as communication and facilitation skills.
- an excellent command of English
General professional experience
- Preferably 10 years of general professional experience, but a minimum of 5 years is required.
- At least 5 years of proven experience in designing and implementing citizen security and / or social intervention for crime and violence prevention related project, programmes, policies;
- Substantial and demonstrated understanding of contextual security and justice dynamics and processes, and direct experience of engaging in negotiation, facilitation or dialogue processes.
Specific professional experience
- Preferably, 5 years of experience, but a minimum of 3 is required in security sector governance and reform and citizen security.
- Knowledge and experience of supporting strategic level Security sector governance and reform processes
- Knowledge and experience of working with EU institutions is an added value.
- Preferably with experience in the Caribbean and / or Latin America.