We are one of the leading German consulting companies working in international development cooperation. At GFA Consulting Group, we strive to catalyse change to improve the quality of life of people around the world. We provide consulting services and implement projects financed through bilateral and multilateral funds. Our clients are GIZ, KfW, the European Commission and many others. Since 1982, we have been active in more than 130 countries and continuously expand the scope of our work, which currently includes ten technical business areas and corresponding departments.
In the Financial Systems Development (FSD) Department, we focus on consultancy services related to banking, small business lending, Green Finance and Agricultural & Rural Finance. In the field of Green Finance we support local partner financial institutions in developing, launching and managing sustainable lending activities with focus on climate change mitigation (e.g. Renewable Energy (RE), and Energy Efficiency (EE) Finance) and adaptation (e.g. forestry, water, climate smart agriculture, Resource Efficiency Finance (ResE)).
Join our team in the FSD Department in Hamburg as an open-minded and versatile Junior Professional (m/f/d) and contribute to our mission to provide quality services worldwide.
You work under guidance of a senior consultant with increasing responsibility in the following areas:
- Acquisition of new projects, including elaboration and coordination of technical and financial proposals in the field of FSD
- Management of ongoing projects and studies (backstopping) on site and Hamburg-based (financial and technical administration, monitoring and evaluation of projects and studies)
- Networking with donor agencies, beneficiaries, partner companies or institutions, subcontractors and experts
- Conducting fact-finding and technical short-term consultancy missions
- Elaboration of reports, concepts and presentations and contribution to knowledge and quality management
- Representing GFA in conferences and seminars
- University degree (MA) in economics, business administration, finance, engineering, environmental management or related fields
- At least 1 year of relevant work experience (incl. internships) in in the field of Green Finance or Sustainable Finance
- Past work experience in developing countries / in development cooperation will be considered an asset
- Full proficiency in written and spoken English is a prerequisite; proficiency in French, Spanish or Portuguese is considered a strong asset
- Willingness to travel abroad and to remote areas
- Strong writing, communication and presentation skills
- Ability to manage complex situations with a sense of pragmatism
- Ability to work in intercultural teams
What we offer:
We give you the possibility to grow and learn within GFA through our Junior Professional Training Program. After successful completion, we offer you a permanent position as Consultant. We provide a future-oriented workplace in a multi-cultural environment. We lay the foundation for you to grow and learn within GFA through continuous skills development and further training. Our flexible working time model and our family-oriented company policy makes it possible for you to reconcile professional and private life. Even though Hamburg is a vibrant city, GFA offices are surrounded by nature. To get here fast and easy we offer a public transport reimbursement program. The sense of community at GFA is very important to us. We regularly organize social events for people to get to know each other and to exchange.
Theda Matthiesen firstname.lastname@example.org