The JNKEs will be required to work in the following specific technical areas:
- Curricula Review and Capacity Building of Programme Developments Agents (PDAs)
- District Nutrition Coordination Committee (DNCC) Capacity Development
- Establishment of an effective food and nutrition security information system at national and district levels
- Evidence Collection and Operational Research
- Behavioral Change Communications and Visibility
Under each of the above specified technical areas, the JNKE will support the technical assistance team (TAT) and the Senior Non-Key Experts assigned, to perform the following tasks:
- Contribute towards concept development, strategy formulation and implementation guidelines for each area of specialization.
- Provide hands on support on capacity needs assessments and development initiatives within the project and Afikepo programme.
- Undertake monitoring of project activities in support of project implementation in each area of specialization, including at district and community levels.
- Development and review of data collection systems, tools, data analysis and synthesis to contribute towards quality reports and documents.
- Stocking taking exercise of existing materials and document review for harmonisation and providing guidance on use.
- Stakeholder consultations and mapping (who, what, where and when (4Ws)) for specific Afikepo related interventions.
- Organisation of training events and technical meetings including supporting preparation of presentations, process support, reporting and follow up actions.
- Support and contribute towards identification and documentation of best practices and lessons learned, publication and dissemination.
- Specific supportive role to the SNKE as may be necessary under the TOR for each expert.
- General support to the TAT, DNHA and to the overall project implementation.
Qualifications and skills:
– University degree in a relevant technical area mentioned above and fluency in both written and spoken English is a prerequisite;
– Knowledge of the local language is an added advantage.
General professional experience:
– At least five years of experience in the specific technical area, working at policy and/or field implementation level.
Specific professional experience:
– A minimum of three years of experience working on projects or programmes related to the technical area.