Who we are
Coffey’s Evaluation and Research team is a highly successful specialist consultancy, employing a multi-national team, based in central London and Warsaw. We have built up a strong reputation in the research and evaluation of public sector activities. We are part of a specialist global professional services consultancy, operating in 80 countries and employing 4,000 professionals world-wide.
We have a long track record of delivering high quality evaluation, impact assessment, research, analysis and advice on the policies, programmes and other interventions of our public sector clients, in particular the European Commission, but also other public sector clients in the US, Australia, Europe and the UK. Our evaluation work for EU clients focuses on interventions in a wide range of policy areas including communication, enterprise and industry, employment and social affairs, education and culture, health and consumer affairs, and research and technological development. Coffey’s Evaluation & Research Practice is also active in the field of international development.
For more information see: http://www.coffeyeuevaluation.com/
We are looking to recruit an enthusiastic Junior Consultant with a strong interest in evaluating public policy, programmes and actions and some experience of research design and implementation to support our work in the EU market. Applicants need to be team players with a positive can-do attitude, a strong analytical mind and a commitment to professionalism.
Responsibilities will include:
- Providing support to our team in the delivery of evaluation and impact assessment work in particular for the EU institutions.
- Carrying out research tasks, including gathering evidence, by undertaking desk research, conducting interviews and focus groups, designing, conducting and analysing surveys, etc.
- Drafting research findings and contributing to high quality reports for our clients.
- Helping to grow the business by preparing tenders, and identifying and pursuing opportunities in new and existing markets.
What we are looking for
The successful candidate will have 2 – 3 years of relevant professional experience, and demonstrate the following key skills and attributes:
- A keen interest in public policy, and the European Union and its institutions in particular;
- Excellent writing and analytical skills, and a good understanding of different quantitative and qualitative social research techniques and methods
- A good understanding of approaches, methods and tools used to evaluate public sector interventions
- Ability to work under pressure, both independently and as part of a team, and meet tight deadlines
- A university degree (preferably with a relevant post-graduate qualification)
- Excellent command of the English language and one other EU language (at or near native level).
- In-depth knowledge of, and ideally previous experience of working with, the EU institutions
- Project management experience and good commercial acumen
- Experience of working in an international setting
- Experience of working in a consultancy environment
- Expertise in a specific policy area (we currently work on the following policy areas: communication, education and culture, health, consumer affairs, justice, taxation and customs, research and innovation, foreign policy, international development, fisheries and enterprise and industry)
What we can offer you
Successful candidates will be offered a role as a Junior Consultant in Coffey’s Evaluation and Research team, and expected to help ensure its continuing success in years to come. The role provides the opportunity to further develop both your evaluation and project management skills within a team of like-minded professionals. The position being offered is a full-time permanent post based in Coffey’s offices in central London. The role will involve international travel.
Coffey offers a competitive salary, and a pension contribution scheme. In addition, Coffey provides private health insurance, life assurance and 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays.
Applicants must be eligible to work in the United Kingdom to apply for this role.