Background/IRC Summary: The International Rescue Committee (IRC) responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises and helps people to survive and rebuild their lives. At work in over 40 countries and 23 US cities. The Information Technology department supports the organization’s work by providing reliable and scalable application development and infrastructure for the IRC’s offices in the US and around the world, including many technologically challenging locations.
Job Overview/Summary: The IT Vendor Relationship Manager, oversees the day-to-day operations regarding the procurement of all IT related equipment and services department-wide. This in cooperation with all IT department heads to ensure compliance involving the purchase, distribution and invoicing of IT goods, as well as maintains guidelines for the asset management. He/She will be tasked with overseeing IT asset management process for software, licensing and technology related to IT HQ hardware within the organization.
This intern role will assists the Vendor Relations Manager, also serves as the procurement liaison between the departments within the organization for software and technology-related IT HQ hardware equipment for all IT software, hardware and outside 3rd party vendor activities.
- Assist in receiving assets and works closely with the Vendor Relationship Manager on procurement to expedite the process and relationship with corporate Procurement.
- Assist Vendor Relations Manager in tracking of assets and auditing standardized internal controls
- Assists in building and fostering strong relationship with business areas, IT, and a wide variety of stakeholders
- Assists VRM in documenting and monitoring of software licenses and or hardware assets to ensure compliance with organization
- Support VRM in administering IT Asset Policy, Processes and Best Practices.
- Assists VRM in processing requests for supported hardware & software
- Assists VRM with the following:
- Auditing and clean-up of hardware/software asset inventory
- Reporting on hardware/software inventory for monthly accruals
- Reporting for licensing and forecasting
- Assist with other hardware/software asset management tasks or special projects as needed
Position Reports To: Vendor Relationship Manager
- Learn account payable standards and financial control techniques
- Organize payment filing system for IT Department and general office
- Will gain a greater understanding of IT procurement processes;
- Learn vendorrelationship management.
Education : Applicant must be a current college student. Graduate student preferred.
Knowledge & Experience
- Excellent technical knowledge of PC and desktop hardware. Basic understanding of the software asset lifecycle a plus;
- Experience in interpreting licensing terms and conditions, able to read and understand technical manuals, procedural documentation, and OEM guides;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to communicate effectively within all levels of the organization;
- Strong organizational and time management skills;
- Strong analytical skills;
- Experience in utilizing IT Asset Management and Discovery tool;
- Experience reviewing contracts and licensure materials for software distribution;
- Strong Supply chain/fulfillment background, establishing programs for distribution and recovery of equipment;
- Excellent technical knowledge of PC internal components;
- Proficient in Microsoft family of products (Windows, Office 2007 and 2013, Server);
- Hands-on hardware troubleshooting experience;
- Ability to operate tools, components, and peripheral accessories.
The position will be based in the New York headquarters office and is expected to be on site. Standard office work environment.