Egypt Economic Governance Activity
Location: Cairo, Egypt
Description: DAI seeks an IT Specialist for the recently awarded Egypt Economic Governance Activity (EGA). EGA will work with USAID/Egypt and the Government of Egypt to support the country’s investment climate by strengthening inclusive governance and supporting the Government’s structural reform program. This exciting cross-sector engagement will support Egypt’s economic and good governance reforms by supporting the reform process, building the capacity in public administration, including rolling out anticorruption training across the government at all levels of the civil service, and improving local service delivery, with an emphasis on innovative e-governance.
Role’s Purpose: The IT Specialist is responsible for oversight of IT needs for the activity office, including system installations, maintenance support, and technical advice. The IT Specialist is responsible for ensuring that DAI established standards set by the DAI home office are followed and that proprietary activity solutions are fully functional, efficient, and cost effective. The IT Specialist provides user support and manages relationships with outside System Support Companies (as needed).
Responsibilities also include the management and maintenance of Local Area Networks (LANs) in the activity’s office in Cairo. The IT Specialist will ensure that proper backup and restore procedures are followed, maintain network security (antivirus and communication devices), and that end users have access to shared files, printers, and email. When needed, he/she will also be responsible for conducting IT assessments and preparing reports for grantees and activity partners per DAI’s Office of Information and Management Technology (OIMT) standards to ensure that appropriate solutions (equipment, software, and services) are proposed and provided to beneficiaries.
DAI’s OIMT will provide the training, guidelines, and technical support to the IT Specialist. It is the responsibility of the IT Specialist to keep OIMT informed of issues and/or proposed system modifications (hardware and software purchases) via tools provided by the OIMT IT Operations team such as request templates, support email address, and OIMT Technical Approval group email addresses.
- Local network maintenance and installation (cabling, switches and NIC configuration, TCP/IP, NAT, TCP/IP printing, windows network and domain services on TCP/IP)
- WAN connectivity and maintenance (internet connection and services and devices configuration and maintenance)
- Server and server application maintenance (hardware integration, Windows 2012/2016 server maintenance, Hyper-V, WSUS services, antivirus maintenance and monitoring, backup services)
- Client computer hardware and application installation, configuration, and maintenance (laptops, desktops, MS Windows 10 Pro, MS Office Suite, IBM Notes, O365 general use and troubleshooting, and antivirus installation and troubleshooting)
- User support and training
- Management and supervision of support provided by local companies (ISP or other providers or IT services)
- Regular communication with the Home office OIMT IT Operations team regarding network, system hardware, and software changes/issues/updates and user registration, updates, and termination
- Provide assistance in procurement and evaluation of all technical equipment (including phones, copiers, etc., in compliance with DAI IT Standards and procedures
- Administer IP PBX extensions
- Maintain IP PBX hardware and phones
- Communicate with OIMT IT Operations team regarding implementation of special features on the system
- Assist office managers in properly inventorying IT equipment
- Conduct IT assessments for beneficiaries and produce reports per DAI OIMT procedures
- Prepare procurement specifications and SOWs for IT procurements per DAI standards
- Review all IT procurement requests in TAMIS
- Provide annual IT inventory and software audits
- Maintain a good knowledge and understanding of all policies and procedures set forth in the activity’s Field Operations Policy Manual and DAI Operations Manual
- Completed college education in relevant field and minimum 5 years of relevant experience in IT system administration, maintenance, and user support
- PC and Server support experience
- Knowledge of Windows Server & Windows Client operating systems
- Knowledge of Hyper-V visualization platform
- Knowledge of Windows network services: AD. DNS, DHCP, WSUS, Print and file sharing
- Experience with IBM Notes Client configuration
- Experience with Outlook client or O365 services
- Knowledge of backup and restore services
- Physical and logical LAN and WAN infrastructure principles
- Communication equipment and VPN services
- No prior legal convictions for fraud or theft and no prior terminations for cause from a prior employer
- Demonstrated honesty, trustworthiness, initiative, and self-motivation handling all assigned tasks
- Must have English language proficiency, verbal and written
Qualified candidates should send their CV and cover letter to EgyptEconomicGovernance@dai.com or via the DAI website. Only short-listed candidates will receive notice requesting additional information.