PATH is a global nonprofit dedicated to achieving health equity. With more than 40 years of experience forging multisector partnerships, and with expertise in science, economics, technology, advocacy, and dozens of other specialties, PATH develops and scales up innovative solutions to the world’s most pressing health challenges.
We seek to recruit an IT Officer who will be responsible for providing effective and efficient technical and administrative support to enable the smooth functioning of PATH Uganda office. The IT Officer will work with the larger International IT team in driving the use of technology in the organization, helping implement IT standards and policies, and providing technical support and solutions to meet the needs of the organization. The role will support the network infrastructure, end user support, management of software applications, hardware equipment among other routine IT and administrative tasks. The IT Officer will be based in Kampala, Uganda.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities Technical Support
- Provide support for day-to-day office IT operations and management of IT systems in place (PABX, Biometric access system, Audio Visual system, CCTV, ISP )
- Responsible for new laptop setup, troubleshooting and
- Periodic maintenance of IT equipment and coordinate with external vendors when applicable and overseeing overall equipment maintenance.
- Liaising with Service providers and IT vendors for technical support and escalations
- Assist in local area network (LAN) setup, management and troubleshooting.
- Performing operating system upgrades by installing software patches when necessary
- Basic Active Directory administration
- Setup new users as well as carrying out IT onboardings and
- Liaise with the Regional Systems Administrator and /or International IT Team for support and
- Conduct periodic IT audits for compliance
- Work with global IT team in rolling out Global technical solutions and
- Proactively monitor ICT systems and troubleshoot any incidences affecting service availability and
- Custodian of specific software licenses for the Uganda office and ensuring they are renewed
- Assist in maintaining ICT inventory log of all hardware and tracking hardware needs projections for planning
- Ensure users are fully signed out of all equipment received and
- In-charge of communication systems; telephones, mail and courier services
- Oversee management of telephone expenses by use of telephone
- Maintain day to day system operations and other functions as assigned by the Site