· Provide the Data Management Head and Section with technical advice in support of decisions regarding technology choices (software languages, hardware, database types etc.) and support the relevant adoption.
· Support the HNEC with the design, development and implementation of key software and data-related processes related to the election (Candidate Nomination, Voter Registration, Accreditation, Results, etc.).
· Oversee the work and support the effective delivery by the IFES development team embedded in the HNEC.
· For software to be developed by the IFES embedded developers, ensure the production and implementation of appropriate processes and required documentation, i.e. detailed specifications, development tickets, acceptance criteria, change management, testing plans etc.
· Train and mentor the data management section staff and embedded software developers in SCRUM/Agile software development methodologies and ceremonies (i.e. daily standups, sprint planning and retrospectives etc.)
· Enforce the utilisation of appropriate collaboration tools (i.e. JIRA, Confluence, Github – or equivalents)
· Provide technical advice in support of decisions regarding the technology choices (software languages, hardware, database types etc.) available for development.
· Quality assure code written by the embedded developers.
· Where required, develop election related software.
· Degree(s) in computer science, information technology, information systems management, or other related field.
· Minimum of 10 years relevant professional experience with reputable organizations or International NGOs
· Sound knowledge and experience in the design and implementation of network and systems security.
· Ability to work to tight deadlines in a challenging working environment.
· Demonstrated capacity to work in a multicultural environment including the training and development of national colleagues.
· Knowledge of and experience with electoral results management system a plus.
· Proficient in English; Arabic strongly preferred.