Information and Technology Solutions (ITS) enables the WBG to achieve its mission of ending extreme poverty by 2030 and boosting shared prosperity in a sustainable manner by delivering transformative information and technologies to its staff working in over 130 client countries.
ITS services range from: establishing the infrastructure to reach and connect staff and development stakeholders; providing the devices and agile technology and information applications to facilitate the science of delivery through decentralized services; creating and maintaining tools to integrate information across the World Bank Group, the clients we serve and the countries where we operate; and delivering the computing power staff need to analyze development challenges and identify solutions.
The ITS business model combines dedicated business solutions centers that provide services tailored to specific World Bank Group business needs and shared services that provide infrastructure, applications and platforms for the entire Group. ITS is one of three VPUs that have been brought together as the World Bank Group Integrated Services (WBGIS), to provide enhanced corporate core services and enable the institution to operate as one strategic and coordinated entity.
The ITS Information Security and Risk Management (ITSSR) unit, headed by the Chief Information Security Officer (CISO), is responsible for providing leadership in managing the functions and activities of information security and risk across the World Bank Group, enabling the achievement of WBG’s business objectives. ITSSR enables and facilitates a risk aware culture, ensures that WBG information assets are protected in an effective, efficient, and balanced manner; and IT security and risk management efforts throughout the World Bank Group are coordinated and aligned to the Bank’s business and IT strategy. ITSSR establishes and maintains the World Bank Group’s IT and InfoSec policies and standards; develops and engineers the WBG’s information security plans and solutions; responds to security incidents; and ensures that the information risks are identified, assessed, and managed in consistent with the overall risk management approach and with the established appetite and tolerance. ITSSR consists of three main units: 1) ITS Risk Management, Compliance, and Policy, 2) ITS Security Operations, and 3) Program Management Office (PMO).
Note: If the selected candidate is a current Bank Group staff member with a Regular or Open-Ended appointment, s/he will retain his/her Regular or Open-Ended appointment. All others will be offered a 3 year term appointment.
• Administer and maintain cyber intelligence and analysis tools and frameworks. Expand fault detection mechanisms to alert on outages.
• Produce actionable intelligence for technical and managerial staff in the form of threat advisories, briefings and data feeds.
• Develop new threat intelligence, detection, and system hardening strategies based on a thorough understanding of existing enterprise defense layers.
• Assist incident response team with manual and automated malware and network packet capture analysis.
• Maintain and expand enterprise STIX, TAXII, and CybOX products.
• Accurately analyze and summarize topical information security reports from the media or other sources and assess potential impact to the World Bank Group.
• Support information security related investigations and participate in threat hunting.
• Provide cyber intelligence threat briefings to operational teams to ensure systems are properly protected and monitored.
• Liaison with other organizations and conduct cyber intelligence and technical knowledge sharing.
• Analyze and vet indicators of compromise provided by external parties.
• Produce accurate and timely cyber intelligence metrics from a variety of tools and sources.
• 5 or more years of relevant information security experience.
• CISSP, GIAC, or similar security certifications desirable.
• Proven ability to author scripts in languages such as Python, Bash Shell, and PowerShell.
• Knowledge of commonly used targeted attack techniques, tactics, and procedures and methods used to combat them.
• Thorough understanding of the cyber kill chain and how this maps to enterprise defense products.
• Working experience with log aggregation and event correlation products.
• Ability to convey complex information security concepts and risks to a management audience.
• Excellent written, and verbal, and interpersonal skills with a proven track-record of producing concise and accurate information security reports.
• Experience in the management of Internet brand identity.