Innovation and partnership bond the five institutions of the World Bank Group (WBG): the International Bank for Reconstruction and Development (IBRD) and the International Development Association (IDA), which together form the World Bank; the International Finance Corporation (IFC); the Multilateral Investment Guarantee Agency (MIGA); and the International Centre for Settlement of Investment Disputes (ICSID). The World Bank Group is one of the world’s largest sources of funding and knowledge for developing countries. It uses financial resources and extensive experience to help our client countries to reduce poverty, increase economic growth, and improve quality of life. To ensure that countries can access the best global expertise and help generate cutting-edge knowledge, the World Bank Group is constantly seeking to improve the way it works. Key priorities include delivering measurable results, promoting openness and transparency in development, and improving access to development information and data.
ABOUT THE VPU
Information technology is an integral part of the strategic initiatives for all the Core Business Functions at IFC. Corporate Information Technologies (CIT) Teams provide comprehensive IT support for IFC’s Investment & Advisory Services, Financial Operations, Treasury & the Asset Management Company, and oversees the provision of other IT services for IFC through shared services agreements (SSA) with other WBG IT units. A robust engagement model with business ensures prioritization of the business requirements & focus on delivery. The application landscape encompasses a wide variety of In-house and Customized COTS products (such as ACBS, Summit, etc.,) which meets the business needs of IFC departments.
The Service Quality Management (CITSQ) enables IFC’s business strategy success through management of Shared Services Agreements (SSAs), Annual Investment Planning (AIP), providing services in the areas of solution quality assurance, systems change, release and configuration management. Additionally, CITSQ focuses on software asset management, leveraging ITS integration to continue to improve the quality of services and solutions delivered by ITS to IFC, quarterly review of Information Security Operations, data management, and coordination of IT Client Services for business users at IFC.
***The World Bank Group is committed to achieving diversity in terms of race, gender, nationality, culture, and educational background. Individuals with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply.
Note: If the selected candidate is a current Bank Group staff member with a Regular or Open-Ended appointment, s/he will retain his/her Regular or Open-Ended appointment. All others will be offered a 3 year term appointment.Background / General description
CITSQ is looking for an experienced IT Analyst performing a range of tasks in the areas of Annual Portfolio Planning, Project Portfolio Monitoring and Oversight and Reporting to Management and Governance along with emerging needs and special projects.
Contribute to the Effective Annual Portfolio Planning
• Contribute to the Annual Investment Planning (AIP) exercise by consolidating information on investment requests.
• Analyze the information and prepare various data views to present investment scenarios to the Management and Governance.
• Support the AIP team in managing the engagement with business sponsors, governance groups and other key stakeholders.
Contribute to Effective Project Portfolio Monitoring and Oversight
• Monitor and track the status of the use of funds by project and portfolio information on project status systematically incorporated into portfolio monitoring and aligned with financial status.
• Monitor the use of funds vis-à-vis the approved investment plan through the regular review of the project documentation submitted to governance for approval.
• Oversee the data quality of the project information entered in Clarity (the portfolio management tool) to ensure data relevancy and accuracy.
• Provide information on spend plans and actuals for the weekly coordination meetings of the delivery teams.
Contribute to the Review of Projects Requesting Funds through the IT Governance Process
• Provide analysis of projects during the weekly project review meetings to ensure the alignment of funding requests with the Annual Investment Plan and available funds.
• Record the action items and follow up with the relevant parties.
• Keep track of approvals and record them in the central repository.
• Coordinate with all relevant stakeholders on the review of projects to ensure that all action items are resolved.
Contribute to Preparing Reports to the Management and Governance
• Generate reports on the status of the use of funds for the bi-weekly, monthly and quarterly portfolio status reports for CIT/ITS Management and IFC Governance.
• Generate financial analysis reports to delivery teams on as needed basis.
• Prepare portfolio status and portfolio planning analytics on as needed basis and incorporate it into presentations to management and governance bodies.
Contribute to Monitoring the Use of Funds for the Services Delivered to IFC through Shared Services Agreements (SSAs)
• Contribute to the preparation of annual SSAs through the preparation of financials as per the Annual Investment Plan.
• Prepare quarterly financial data for the SSA reports.
• Track the status of the use of funds by projects managed by ITS that request funds through governance and prepare quarterly status reports with the funding status.
• Address any emerging needs coming from the front-office on the preparation of various reporting views and presentations to the Management and Governance.
• Contribute to enhancing the framework of tracking the status and value of the portfolio of services and projects.DRDuties and Accountabilities
• Master’s degree in a relevant discipline (Finance, Accounting, Business, Economics, Commerce, etc.) with 2 years of experience in IT with exposure to project financial management. Bachelor’s degree with a minimum of 3 or more years of relevant experience will also be considered.
• Experience in tracking and analyzing data
• Ability to research, analyze and synthesize information, interpret data and clearly and concisely prepare results, including presentations.
• Exceptional spreadsheet design and manipulation skills, ability to quickly develop effective understanding of logical accounting data structures and data inter-relationships to effectively evaluate and make recommendations on process/system controls.
• Knowledge of a Project Portfolio Management tool (Knowledge of Clarity PPM) is a plus.
• Exposure to Project Management practices.
• Knowledge of IFC’s IT budgets and operations is a plus; experience related to the job responsibilities at the World Bank, IFC or in an international private or public sectors organization.
• Familiarity with integrity compliance standards and experience with compliance review of private entities also desirable.
• Ability to educate and guide project managers on policies and terminology.
• Ability to work independently and show initiative.
• Ability to work on cross-functional tasks.
• Good teamwork and interpersonal skills in operating collaboratively across organizational boundaries.
• Good communication skills with fluency in written and spoken English.
• Good understanding of critical linkages and relationships between business operations, budget processes, program finances and objective and good conceptual, analytical and evaluative skills.
• Highest personal integrity and ethical standards.SCSelection Criteria