The IsDB Field Representative is a Local Consultant position. Under the overall guidance and supervision of the concerned Country Operations Manager (COM) at the Regional Hub of Abuja, the Field Representative ensures the effective functioning of the FR Office and undertakes a coordination role in supervising the implementation of IsDB financed projects in Niger.
General Operational Matters
- Contribute to the development of project pipeline and annual work program
- Liaise with Government on follow-up issues associated with ongoing IsDB-financed projects
- Regularly interact with, and assist the Bank and Executing Agencies in resolving project implementation problems in consultation with the COM
- Facilitate IsDB Group missions to the country
- Through field visits and participation in IsDB missions, become familiar with the ongoing IsDB portfolio to ensure a thorough understanding of the ongoing IsDB portfolio and the key issues emerging from projects.
- Ensure routine follow-up on ongoing projects and implementation of outstanding supervision recommendations and advise the COM as necessary and as requested; take actions as per recommendations of COM.
- Any other tasks as and when requested by the Regional Hub Director and the COM
Specific Operational Matters :
- Follow-up on signature and effectiveness of the project financing agreements.
- In coordination with concerned Operations Team Leaders and Project Management Specialists, visit the project sites, especially those laden with problems that must be visited more frequently.
- In coordination with concerned Operations Team Leaders and Project Management Specialists, prepare project implementation assessment reports
- In coordination with concerned Operations Team Leaders and Project Management Specialists, prepare project completion reports for completed projects in the country.
- Under the supervision of COM, interact with the Executing Agencies and local partners in identifying new business opportunities and avenues for collaboration.
- Represent the Bank in the technical and financial partners regular meetings in Cote d’Ivoire
- Under the supervision of COM, explore with international development financing institutions based in the Country on co-financing and partnership opportunities with IsDB
Knowledge Sharing & Innovation:
- Under the supervision of COM, interact with colleagues and counterparts to share knowledge, and experience about the country and developments taking place in key sectors of the economy.
Reporting & Communication:
- Prepare monthly reports on country portfolio performance as well as recent political, economic and social development
- Disseminating IsDB guidelines, procedures and policies on project implementation to executing agencies and other stakeholders and facilitating communications between IsDB and development stakeholders in the country.
- Disseminating IsDB strategic orientations, flag-ship initiatives and services and products
- Under the supervision of COM, representing IsDB in meetings in the country when specifically required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Economics/Education/ Energy/ Food Security/ Health Management/ Rural Development/ Transportation / Water Management/ Engineering or related fields.
- Master’s degree would be an advantage.
- Additional qualification or certification in Project Management like PMP would be highly desirable.
- Minimum 8 years of experience in the development sector, of which minimum 5 years in a specific sector.
- English (mandatory)
- French (mandatory)
Skills and Necessary Knowledge:
- Project Management skills.
- People Management skills.
- Quality Management.
- Results Orientation.
- Portfolio Management.
- Time and resource management.
- Building Relationships
- Passion for Excellence
- Problem Solving skills
- Vendor Management
- Global Trends and Challenges in the specific sector.
- IT skills, especially in project management.
Location IsDB Field Representative Office in Niamey, Niger.