International Business & Technical Consultants, Inc. (IBTCI), a U.S. based international development consulting company established in 1987, has worked in over one hundred countries and implemented over three hundred projects. IBTCI serves government agencies, private sector companies and several donor agencies. IBTCI specializes in Monitoring & Evaluation (M&E) across many sectors including, but not limited to, conflict and crisis, democracy and governance, economic growth, education, environment, and global health.
Job Titke: Iraqi Field Monitor – Anbar
Department/Location: Anbar Province
Reports to: Manager, Field Monitoring and Evaluation
Type: Regular Full-Time
Classification: This is an exempt level position and is not eligible for overtime pay
Overview: IBTCI is seeking a Field Monitor for its USAID/Performance Management and Support Project. This project provides independent monitoring of the implementation of USAID/Iraq’s programs and activities and progress in achieving intended results as well as compliance with USG, Agency and legal policies, regulations and guidelines in the implementation of USAID/Iraq’s programs and activities, for example, but not limited to, the integration of gender considerations, mitigation of environmental impacts and future sustainability of results. This position is open to Iraqi Nationals only.
Essential Duties/Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Provide on-the-ground monitoring and verification of USAID-funded activities and their effects and provide situation reports on the operating environment within which these activities work.
- Conduct data collection site visits and report on activity visits conducted as assigned by the Field Monitoring and Evaluation Manager (FMEM).
- Deliver weekly reports to the FMEM on sites visited.
- Lead focus group discussions to extract key data and findings regarding USAID activities.
- Use IBTCI’s customized standard data collection tools, including observation checklists, sector-specific discussion questions, activity monitoring, and output verification forms, etc.
- Attend PMSP-led training in monitoring and verification methods specific to the PMSP contract in Baghdad
- Conduct data collection visits of a project to verify environmental compliance and Counter Trafficking in Person (C-TIP) compliance.
- Other duties as assigned.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Previous experience analyzing and furnishing data for program and monitoring plans designed to ensure effective oversight and management of assigned project activities.
- Evidence of understanding measures and indicators of portfolio impact.
- Experience producing progress reports that describe results achieved and provide recommendations regarding corrective actions on under-performing areas.
- Knowledge of gender equality and women’s empowerment.
- Strict attention to detail.
- Must be Anbar residence, proven through official documents
- Oral and written fluency in English required.
- Able to travel to all Anbar province districts especially the west districts
- Familiar with computer and smartphone application
- At least 5 years of demonstrated experience in handling complex reporting, contact, monitoring, and analytical duties and coordination of functions with other field monitors.
- Proven experience collecting data against donor-approved indicators.
- Previous experience working with women and children who have experienced gender or sexual-based violence and/or trafficking in person.
- Prior experience writing activity-status reports in English.
Education: Bachelor’s degree in business administration, international development or related field required.
Physical Requirements: This is largely a sedentary position that requires the ability to speak, hear, see, and lift small objects up to 20 lbs.
Supervisory Responsibility: This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
Travel: Travel throughout all Anbar districts especially West Anbar is required and may include travel to conflict-prone zones. Also, need traveling to other parts of Iraq.
Work Authorization: Must be authorized to work in Iraq.
No phone calls please. All candidates will be acknowledged, but only final candidates for particular activities will be contacted.
IBTCI is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity for all persons without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, national origin, disabled veteran or Vietnam-era veteran, or any other classification protected by applicable anti-discrimination laws. We prohibit and do not tolerate any form of discrimination or harassment.