The Cystic Fibrosis Foundation (CF Foundation) and its employees embrace their commitment to its core values. These core values are the pillars on which the CF Foundation stand and will continue to sustain us as we move forward.
Keep sight of what really matters: Our decisions are based on what is best for people with cystic fibrosis and their families.
Aspire for excellence in all we do: We take pride in our work. We are committed to continuous learning and improvement.
Stronger together: We collaborate and work together so that we can learn more and achieve more.
Innovate with courage: We embrace challenges. We reach beyond boundaries in pursuit of our vision.
Care about our people: We deeply care about each other and all who support our shared mission. We listen with respect. We support one another.
Our highly mission-focused foundation is seeking an experienced investment operations specialist that is willing and able to contribute to the investment team in a variety of capacities. Dependability and accountability are key traits for this position’s ideal applicant. Daily responsibilities involve overseeing the operational activities of a multi-billion dollar investment portfolio, coordinating ongoing support for investment due diligence activities, and providing additional assistance to the foundation’s finance team.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Monitors incoming communications from external managers in the central investment inbox and initiates proper workflows to process it.
- Acts as the daily point person with custodian bank and external investment managers’ operations.
- Responsible for daily cash flows reconciliation and liquidity monitoring.
- Performs reconciliation of transactions, valuations and investment returns with investment managers, custodian bank, and portfolio management systems, resolves all discrepancies.
- Completes performance and market value updates within portfolio management system and tracks other quantitative and qualitative data fields for investments.
- Coordinates execution of new investments’ legal agreements and completes subscription agreements and other documents as needed.
- Manages onboarding of new investments to ensure they are accurately included in all internal systems and relevant terms are tracked. Maintains managers and funds information and files in the CRM system.
- Processes investment related transactions and wires.
- Collaborates with Finance and Accounting team on day-to-day operations and implementation of best practices.
- Supports the Director of Investment Operations in preparing investment portfolio performance reports, including analytics, exposure, performance and attribution, and other miscellaneous reports as requested.
- Synthesizes and reports on the results of outsourced operational due diligence. Documents operational due diligence procedures for new investments.
- Assists with audit support.
- Assists and coordinates with the preparation of content for Board meeting materials.
- Assists in implementing multiple projects and new processes within the Investment Operations team.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in similar role, preferably at a foundation or endowment.
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, including Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Excellent attention to detail and ability to meet strict deadlines.
- Ability to multitask, manage priorities, and be self-sufficient.
- A collegial work style and a willingness to perform a wide range of tasks.
- Desired experience using data providers (e.g. Bloomberg, FactSet) and different portfolio management systems.
- Normal office environment with little exposure to excessive noise, dust and temperature.
- No heavy lifting required.
- Minimal travel (e.g., 2x/yr.) to conferences and meetings, as necessary.
The above is intended to describe the general content of and requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of essential functions, responsibilities or requirements.
The CF Foundation is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to being an employer of choice, not just a good place to work, but a great and inclusive place to work. We strive to recruit and maintain a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, physical or mental disability, color, religious creed, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, sex, marital status, genetic information or testing, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation or status as a Vietnam-era or special disabled veteran or any characteristic protected by law.
Reasonable Accommodation Notice
The CF Foundation is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or would like to request an accommodation due to a disability, please contact us at HROps@cff.org.