IFC—a member of the World Bank Group—is the largest global development institution focused on the private sector in emerging markets. We work in more than 100 countries, using our capital, expertise, and influence to create markets and opportunities in developing countries. In fiscal year 2020, we invested $22 billion in private companies and financial institutions in developing countries, leveraging the power of the private sector to end extreme poverty and boost shared prosperity. For more information, visit www.ifc.org
The Manufacturing, Agribusiness & Services (MAS) Industry Group plays an important role in supporting IFC’s strategic priorities, covering investments in the global manufacturing and services, agribusiness, health and education sectors. MAS’ sectors play a critical role in providing goods and services to consumers, addressing core needs, creating jobs, contributing to government revenue and stimulating growth. In IFC’s client countries, these sectors can account for as much as 80% of overall economic activity and can account for up to 90% of employment activity, particularly in the poorest countries.
MAS is looking for an Investment Officer to be based in Bangkok. The Investment Officer will originate, structure and execute investments as well as manage existing MAS investments in the country and the region. This position is well suited for a self-motivated and highly responsive individual who has excellent organizational, communication and presentation skills. Attention to detail, punctuality, and ability to control quality of one’s work output are essential.
Roles and Responsibilities:
Specific responsibilities primarily entail expanding IFC’s investment activities in the Manufacturing, Agribusiness and Services sectors in Southeast Asia and includes:
• Develop high-quality and impactful investments for IFC in the MAS sectors in the country; this is expected to result from specific sector analysis that identify suitable target companies for each sector.
• Manage existing client relationships and portfolio investments.
• Build and maintain strong relationships with target companies as well as with banks and multilateral partners operating in the country.
• Develop bankable financial structures for transactions for potential IFC financial support. Lead negotiations of mandate letters by leveraging on financial experience and interpersonal capacity to overcome impasses and reach to successful outcomes.
• Contribute to the identification of Upstream initiatives in relation to MAS in the country.
• Working independently and with more senior staff to develop a strong MAS program.
• 8+ years of experience in finance with a proven track-record of sourcing, structuring and closing investments.
• Extensive understanding and knowledge of local capital and financial markets regulations.
• Solid network of relationships across sectors to enable business development.
• Broad understanding of sectors within the MAS industry group, industry drivers, latest trends and changes.
• Extensive experience in financing and supervising investments in MAS sectors; multisector experience a plus.
• Strong financial and credit skills; demonstrated ability to structure a variety of financial instruments including both debt and equity.
• Proven business development and client relationship skills, track record and ability to effectively focus on client’s needs.
• Ability to understand, enable and participate in market creation opportunities and ability to leverage WBG to offer value addition of IFC in new markets is a plus.
• Strong inter-personal skills. Ability to effectively interact, directly and independently, with the top management team of target companies. Sensitivity to interact effectively with colleagues from various cultural backgrounds.
• Commitment and ability to mentoring junior colleagues.
• Willingness to travel extensively.
• MBA or equivalent qualification.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English.
World Bank Group Core Competencies
The World Bank Group offers comprehensive benefits, including a retirement plan; medical, life and disability insurance; and paid leave, including parental leave, as well as reasonable accommodations for individuals with disabilities.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity and inclusive employer with a dedicated and committed workforce, and do not discriminate based on gender, gender identity, religion, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, or disability.
Learn more about working at the World Bank and IFC, including our values and inspiring stories.
|Closing date:||August 13, 2021|