IFC—a member of the World Bank Group—is the largest global development institution focused on the private sector in emerging markets. We work in more than 100 countries, using our capital, expertise, and influence to create markets and opportunities in developing countries. In fiscal year 2020, we invested $22 billion in private companies and financial institutions in developing countries, leveraging the power of the private sector to end extreme poverty and boost shared prosperity. For more information, visit www.ifc.org.
IFC has embarked on an ambitious new growth strategy (IFC 3.0) to stimulate more investment activity, especially in Low Income Countries (LICs) and Fragile and Conflict affected Situations (FCS). It requires taking a systematic approach to understanding the regulatory and sector bottlenecks that prevent the flow of private capital into productive investment in our member countries and addressing these bottlenecks through World Bank Group engagement on policy reforms and programmatic interventions at the country and sector level. It also requires the capacity to leverage WBG programs and projects to develop our own proactive sector interventions and to imagine and design projects even in the absence of reforms.
IFC’s Public-Private Partnership Transactions Advisory (CTA) provides sell side financial advisory services and acts as Lead Transaction Advisor to governments to structure and implement public-private partnerships (PPP) transactions, primarily for public services. Its aim is to increase access to basic infrastructure (electricity, water, transportation and telecommunications) and social services (health and education) and facilitate private investments.
CTA is looking to recruit an experienced Investment Officer (IO) for its Middle East and North Africa (MENA) team who will support the regional team in the preparation and tendering of PPPs. The IO will be focusing primarily on the Gulf Cooperation Council (GCC) sub-region, however the scope will also extend to the wider MENA region depending on business needs.
Duties and Accountabilities
The IO will be required to support the MENA team in the origination and execution of financial advisory mandates across the MENA region, however location of position and current business needs will also imply a priority focus on the GCC region, with a secondary focus on the Levant and the wider MENA region.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
• Proactively assist in business development by originating and managing marketing activity in assigned countries/strategic areas, including collaborating with Upstream teams to identify opportunities based on country strategies and market creation potential.
• Lead the day to day management of project teams working on sell-side PPP mandates, including review of legal and technical outputs, documentation and financial models
• Analyze structure, develop innovative PPP projects and present recommendations to clients. Manage client expectations and provide appropriate advice as necessary through proposing practical solutions.
• Manage marketing of project concepts to bidders, completing road-shows, prequalification, tendering and award, and the final negotiation of project agreements leading to financial close.
• Lead negotiations on the documentation with bidders; use strong negotiation skills to develop solutions and overcome impasses in transactions
• Collaborate with stakeholders and form partnerships with staff across IFC (Investment, Upstream, etc.), the World Bank, and other external parties to deliver the best possible outcome to our government clients;
• Understand World Bank program for countries in the region and work with World Bank team to engage with government counterparts to implement the “Maximizing Finance for Development” strategy;
• Develop, coach, motivate and manage junior members of the team.
• Assist in other project or strategy related activities as the need may arise.
• MBA or equivalent qualification;
• Minimum 10-12 years of relevant experience gained in the IFC PPP Transaction Advisory, IFC Investment side or with another leading financial institution working on PPP transaction advisory, M&A or privatization advisory on buy and/or sell side, project finance, private equity, project management – all with focus on the infrastructure sector;
• Minimum 3-4 years of experience of sell-side PPP advisory is considered a plus;
• Strong experience in infrastructure sectors (including power, transport, healthcare sectors) with knowledge of sector trends and legal and regulatory requirements and with proven track record of infrastructure/PPP transactions;
• Strong grasp of legal documentation including risk allocation related to PPP projects including concessions as well as for privatizations;
• Proven track-record of originating, advising, structuring and executing infrastructure transactions;
• Strong existing relationships with project developers, investors, and technical and legal consultants in the infrastructure space are preferred;
• Strong analytical and financial modeling/structuring skills and demonstrated ability to:
o Lead a variety of transaction advisory, debt and equity transactions;
o Independently develop own financial models and sound financial analysis of the models to draw conclusions;
o Structure or restructure transactions to ensure prudent and sustainable risk sharing among all parties;
• Ability to operate in large, culturally diverse and geographically dispersed teams;
• Ability to work under pressure and deliver high quality work within deadlines to meet team objectives;
• Ability to interact directly and independently with potential clients, financial and technical partners as well as with senior government officials;
• Willingness and ability to travel on short notice and frequently, as required;
• Understanding of IFC’s strategic priorities and changing business model against the backdrop of IFC 3.0.;
• Genuine commitment to development and to the World Bank Group and IFC’s mission, strategy and values;
• Experience in a development institution is considered a plus;
• Excellent written and oral communication skills in English is required. Arabic preferred.
|Country:||-- United Arab Emirates|
|Closing date:||June 29, 2021|