IFC—a member of the World Bank Group—is the largest global development institution focused on the private sector in emerging markets. We work in more than 100 countries, using our capital, expertise, and influence to create markets and opportunities in developing countries. In fiscal year 2020, we invested $22 billion in private companies and financial institutions in developing countries, leveraging the power of the private sector to end extreme poverty and boost shared prosperity. For more information, visit http://www.ifc.org
Manufacturing, Agribusiness and Services (MAS) is one of IFC’s key industry groups responsible for a significant portion of IFC’s business volume, profitability and development reach. MAS engages in a wide range of sub-sectors including manufacturing, chemicals, healthcare, education, property, retail, tourism, agribusiness, forestry -among others-, with both investment and advisory services delivered globally to IFC’s clients through its global network.
The MAS Latin America and the Caribbean (MAS LAC) team is seeking a qualified and experienced Investment Officer to originate, structure, and execute investments in the region, with a focus on the manufacturing, agribusiness, real estate, tourism, and retail sectors (MATRP). He/she will also assist in portfolio management work, including restructurings, reschedulings, and equity supervision. The position will be based in Mexico City, Mexico.
Roles and Responsibilities:
Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to leading the IFC’s business development strategy for Health & Education and Manufacturing, Tourism, Retail and Real Estate sectors (Manufacturing and Services or M&S) in Mexico. This includes:
• Developing high-quality and impactful investments for IFC in the MATRP sectors in the country; this is expected to result from specific sector analysis that identifies suitable target companies for each sector.
• Building and maintaining strong relationships with target companies as well as with banks and multilateral partners operating in the country.
• Developing bankable financial structures for transactions for potential IFC financial support. Leading negotiations of mandate letters by leveraging on financial experience and interpersonal capacity to overcome impasses and reach successful outcomes.
• Contributing to the identification of Upstream initiatives in relation to MATRP in the country.
• 8+ years of experience in finance with a proven track record of sourcing, structuring, and closing investments.
• Extensive experience in financing and supervising investments in MATRP sectors; multisector experience a plus.
• Strong financial and credit skills; demonstrated ability to structure a variety of financial instruments including both debt and equity.
• Proven business development and client relationship skills, track record, and ability to effectively focus on client’s needs.
• Strong interpersonal skills. Ability to effectively interact, directly and independently, with the top management team of target companies. Sensitivity to interact effectively with colleagues from various cultural backgrounds.
• Commitment and ability to mentor less experienced colleagues.
• Genuine commitment to sustainable development and to the highest ethical standards
• Willingness to travel extensively.
• MBA or equivalent qualification.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English. Strong fluency in Spanish.
|City, State:||Mexico City|
|Closing date:||June 15, 2021|