IFC—a member of the World Bank Group—is the largest global development institution focused on the private sector in emerging markets. We work in more than 100 countries, using our capital, expertise, and influence to create markets and opportunities in developing countries. In fiscal year 2020, we invested $22 billion in private companies and financial institutions in developing countries, leveraging the power of the private sector to end extreme poverty and boost shared prosperity. For more information, visit http://www.ifc.org
Private sector financial development is essential to the promotion of successful and sustainable economies in low and middle-income countries around the world. Sound and efficient financial markets can ensure that resources are allocated where they are most productive, assisting job creation and spurring economic growth. IFC’s goal is to prioritize investment in the financial sector because it promotes development in all other sectors.
The Financial Institution Group (FIG) is one of IFC’s key Departments responsible for a significant portion of IFC’s business volume, profitability, and development reach, approximately 40%. FIG engages in a wide range of sub-sectors including Microfinance, SME, Gender, Climate, Insurance, Capital Markets, Housing, Distressed Assets, and other areas, with both
The FIG’s Latin America and the Caribbean team (FIG LAC) is based across the LAC region with main hubs and locations in Mexico, Argentina, Colombia, and Sao Paulo. The team members work on both new business development and processing, and portfolio management across the region.
FIG is seeking to hire an Investment Analyst based in Mexico City, Mexico. Investment Analysts work closely with IFC’s investment officers who are responsible for the design, negotiation, structuring, and subsequent supervision of the Corporation’s investment projects. Investment Analysts help identify new projects and assist investment officers in executing deals, advising private companies on restructuring, and using financial instruments (e.g., risk management tools).
Duties and Accountabilities:
The Investment Analyst will be integrated into the team that develops new business, completes transactions, and supervises a portfolio of loans, quasi-equity and equity investments in FIG’s LAC region.
The candidate is required to know and effectively use fundamental business concepts and practices and to provide analytical, research and other professional support to professional level Investment Officers, the work program is varied and may be somewhat complex requiring evaluation, original thinking and various written outputs.
• Build financial analysis models
• Support structuring of new investments
• Analyze historical and projected financial statements and prepare periodic portfolio reports
• Conduct industry and market research and assist in IFC’s business development efforts
• Monitor operational and financial performance of client companies to evaluate risk and recommend active portfolio management actions
• Prepare documentation for IFC internal processes and monitor compliance with IFC financial, environmental, and legal requirements
• Establish and maintain quality client relationships to ensure responsive client service and to improve new business opportunities
• Participate in investments negotiations
• Liaise with colleagues across departments and the region and at the head office in Washington DC
• Participate in the monitoring of investments in portfolio companies
• Bachelor’s or equivalent degree with specialization in finance
• At least 2-4 years of experience in finance, banking, portfolio management or consulting
• Experience in a major financial institution or investment banking firm (2+ years) with a proven track record desirable
• Good knowledge of financial markets and one or more Latin American financial markets a plus;
• Strong financial analysis and modelling skills using Microsoft excel and ability to identify key issues;
• Sound numerical, analytical, and conceptual skills encompassing finance and the associated areas of investment, portfolio management and corporate finance and economics;
• Commitment to economic development and keen interest in development finance in emerging markets;
• Ability to work successfully in multicultural teams and across boundaries;
• Demonstrated teamwork skills;
• Strong client service orientation with an openness to feedback and new ideas;
• Excellent presentation skills and ability to present ideas clearly and confidently;
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English. Candidates with fluency in Spanish and/or Portuguese preferred.
World Bank Group Core Competencies
The World Bank Group offers comprehensive benefits, including a retirement plan; medical, life and disability insurance; and paid leave, including parental leave, as well as reasonable accommodations for individuals with disabilities.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity and inclusive employer with a dedicated and committed workforce, and do not discriminate based on gender, gender identity, religion, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, or disability.
Learn more about working at the World Bank and IFC, including our values and inspiring stories.
|City, State:||Mexico City|
|Closing date:||September 17, 2021|