IFC, a member of the World Bank Group, is the largest global development institution focused on the private sector in emerging markets. Working with 2,000 businesses worldwide, we use our six decades of experience to create opportunity where it’s needed most. In FY16, our long-term investments in developing countries rose to nearly $19 billion, leveraging our capital, expertise and influence to help the private sector end extreme poverty and boost shared prosperity. For more information, visit http://www.ifc.org
IFC’s C3P department is focused on assisting governments to develop private sector participation (PSP) projects involving the management, financing and operation of infrastructure to private companies, through private-public partnerships (PPPs). C3P has been supporting PPPs in the Colombian road sector in recent years and is now in the process of signing an agreement with Financiera de Desarrollo Nacional (FDN) to support the development and implementation of PPPs in several sectors at national and subnational levels (the IFC-FDN Program).
IFC is seeking to hire two investment analysts to work in its country office in Bogota, Colombia. The selected candidates would be assigned to prepare financial models, assist on the preparation of transaction documents and support teams in project structuring in Colombia and Latin-America, under the coordination of the local Team Leader based in Bogota. We will consider a plus if candidates have previous experience in project and team coordination activities, beyond financial modeling activities and preparation of documentation.
Note: If the selected candidate is a current Bank Group staff member with a Regular or Open-Ended appointment, s/he will retain his/her Regular or Open-Ended appointment. All others will be offered a 2 year term appointment.Background / General description
In order to fulfill the program’s objectives, the analyst will participate in all phases of the transaction advisory work, covering project origination, structuring and execution in Colombia. His/her work may include other Andean region countries, as needed. Activities will include, but not be limited to, the following:
• Assist in the identification of potential new mandates through country, industry and market research;
• Assist in the preparation of presentations to current and potential clients;
• Assist in the preparation of proposals for new mandates and mandate letters
• Perform macro-economic, sector specific and project research.
• Build own financial models for infrastructure projects using discounted cash flow and project finance, generate scenarios and analyze results.
• Assist in the selection process and supervision of technical consultants.
• Assist in the preparation of workshops, information events and promotion related activities.
• Participate in the preparation of term sheets, contracts, teasers and any other transaction related documents.
• Prepare information memorandum, high level briefs and working papers for IFC management and client.
• Prepare documentation for IFC internal processes.
• Coordinate closely with IFC staff from the environmental and social areas in relation to the projects;
All these activities will be performed in the IFC Bogota office, where the Colombia C3P team is located.DRDuties and Accountabilities
• Bachelor Degree in Economics, Engineering or Business Administration. Specialization in finance would be considered as a plus;
• Minimum of two years’ experience
• Previous experiences in infrastructure sector and/or financial advising are desirable;
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills and sound business judgment to identify issues and present creative and practical solutions;
• Sound analytical, mathematical and organizational skills;
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills and strong editing skills
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office is required;
• Facility to work successfully in multicultural teams and across boundaries;
• Demonstrated teamwork skills;
• Client relationship skillsSCSelection Criteria