The purpose of this contract is to strengthen the institutional capacities of competent authorities within the Serbian Ministry in charge for Agriculture in order to implement the Rural Development component of the Instrument for Pre-Accession Assistance (IPARD II). The expected outputs of this project are the following:
- preparation of the managing authority for the implementation of IPARD II measures 4 and 5;
- strengthening the Rural Development Network and IPARD III;
- preparation of the staff of the Directorate for Agrarian Payments (IPARD Agency) for the implementation of IPARD II measures 4 and 5 in accordance with EU requirements;
- upgrade of RD IT solution for the implementation of IPARD II program;
- supporting the IPARD Agency in updating written procedures (based on IT audit reports) and providing assistance in preparing for IPARD II e-accreditation
For the implementation of the project, GFA is looking for various international, regional and local junior and senior experts for long- and short-term missions.
The Team Leader will be responsible for the overall management of the project and the TA team. He/She will have lead responsibility for achieving the set results and facilitate the smooth and timely implementation of the project including the mobilisation of ad hoc expertise for short-term assignments, if needed and the management of the project budget.
Qualifications and skills
- Master’s degree in agriculture or related fields;
- At least 10 years professional experience in agriculture and rural development policies and of advisory experience to public institutions dealing with policy formulation and implementation;
- At least 10 years professional experience in EU Structural Funds/Rural Development policies including SAPARD and/or IPARD, including project programming and planning and/or implementation and/or evaluations;
- At least 5 years professional experience related to policy and programme formulation, data collection and analysis of EU and national regulations and requirements;
- Working experiences in the development and implementation of IT systems for follow-up of receiving, processing and executing of payments is a strong asset;
- Previous management/team leader experience in a EU-financed TA project (minimum one assignment of at least 220 wd);
- At least 2 years working experience in the region or EU IPA countries;
- Fluent in written and spoken English;
- Fully computer literate, proficient use of Microsoft Office;
- Excellent writing and communication skills;
- Working knowledge of Serbian or Russian is an asset.
Please note that all criteria, besides the last one, are mandatory.
Candidates who do not fulfill these criteria can not be considered.
Ingrid Wawrzynowicz firstname.lastname@example.org