International Survey Sampling Statistician
ICF seeks an experienced sampling statistician to support international population-based survey and evaluation activities funded by USAID’s Bureau for Resilience and Food Security and Bureau for Humanitarian Assistance (BHA). The ICF’s portfolio of food security and resilience activities include population-based household surveys and evaluations in Global Food Security Strategy target countries, resilience focus countries and BHA Development Food Security Activity countries. The sampling statistician will also participate in capacity strengthening activities for national statistical organizations and other data collection partners through training and mentoring. This is a full-time position based in Rockville, Maryland.
- Developing sample designs for household surveys and other types of research studies in developing countries
- Designing sampling strategies for surveys and apply sampling methodologies to data analysis
- Calculating weights for survey data and estimating sampling errors
- Preparing descriptions of sampling procedures for project reports
- Providing statistical advice to the staff
- Providing technical assistance and training in sampling frame construction, sample design, sample size calculations, stratification, sample selection and weighting
- Contributing to curriculum development and teaching for in-country capacity strengthening
- Master’s degree in statistics or a master’s degree in demography, epidemiology, or economics with an emphasis on statistics
- At least 8 years’ experience in survey sample design in international settings, including designing samples for household and/or facility surveys, calculating weights for survey data, and calculating sampling errors
- Familiarity with a wide range of advanced statistical techniques
- Experience in developing sampling capacity of counterparts in host counties
- English written and oral fluency
- Ability to travel internationally up to 20%
- PhD in statistics or or a master’s degree in demography, epidemiology, or economics with an emphasis on statistics
- Fluency in French, Spanish or Portuguese
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit http://www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
ICF is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. (EOE – Minorities/Females/ Protected Veterans Status/Disability Status/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity). For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.
Reasonable Accommodations are available for disabled veterans and applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Rockville, MD (MD18)