ICF is growing, and we are hiring an International Research Management Specialist to manage international labor and migration studies. This is a full-time, hybrid position based in our Rockville, Maryland office. Remote candidates will be considered.
ICF’s International Labor & Migration Team clients identify, document, measure, and address human rights violations and labor exploitation through qualitative, quantitative, and mixed methods data collection and research across countries and industries.
The International Research Management Specialist will be part of the ICF team that provides research, publication, policy, and administrative support to Office of Child Labor, Forced Labor, and Human Trafficking (OCFT) at the U.S. Department of Labor Bureau of International Labor Affairs (ILAB). With over 25 years of experience, OCFT is a world leader in the fight to eradicate child labor, forced labor, and human trafficking. OCFT combats these egregious labor abuses using a two-part approach: i) providing cutting-edge research on child labor and forced labor in more than 150 countries around the world, and ii) working collaboratively with nearly 100 governments and 80 organizations to strengthen laws, enforcement, policies, and social programs to end child labor and forced labor.
- Conducting desk research, original research, data collection, and report writing in support of US Government’s reports on child labor, forced labor and human trafficking
- Conducting and managing quantitative and qualitative research activities in developing countries such as surveys, focus groups, in-depth interviews, mixed method studies related to child labor, forced labor and human trafficking
- Travelling internationally approximately 30% time and supervising training and data collection in selected study countries at times in difficult environments
- Identifying and managing subcontractors, consultants, and research partners in study countries
- Reviewing subcontractors and consultants’ budgets
- Communicating with advance proficiency in written and oral English and Spanish or French
- Bachelor’s degree in international relations, international studies, international trade, international law, human rights, public policy, journalism, or social sciences
- 2+ years of experience conducting and coordinating quantitative and qualitative research activities such as online surveys, household surveys, focus group discussions, in-depth interviews, and mixed method studies in developing countries.
- 2+ years of experience conducting quantitative and qualitative data analysis using software such as Stata, SPSS, NVIVO and Atlas TI
- 1+ year of experience working on issues of migration, global child labor, forced labor, and human trafficking
- Master’s degree or PhD in international relations, international studies, international trade, international law, human rights, public policy, journalism or social sciences
- Experience writing at least 3 reports for U.S. Government agencies, international organizations, or legal entities
- Experience conducting secondary research for U.S. Government agencies or international organizations
- Experience coordinating research activities, including work planning, budgeting, subcontractor management
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth.
We can only solve the world’s toughest challenges by building an inclusive workplace that allows everyone to thrive. We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to hiring regardless of any protected characteristic, such as race, ethnicity, national origin, color, sex, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability status, or military/veteran status. Together, our employees are empowered to share their expertise and collaborate with others to achieve personal and professional goals. For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.
Reasonable Accommodations are available, including, but not limited to, for disabled veterans, individuals with disabilities, and individuals with sincerely held religious beliefs, in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: Know Your Rights and Pay Transparency Statement.
Pay Range – There are multiple factors that are considered in determining final pay for a position, including, but not limited to, relevant work experience, skills, certifications and competencies that align to the specified role, geographic location, education and certifications as well as contract provisions regarding labor categories that are specific to the position. The pay range for this position is:
$64,372.00 – $109,432.00
Rockville, MD (MD18)