International Business & Technical Consultants, Inc. (IBTCI), a U.S. based international development consulting company established in 1987, has worked in over one hundred countries and implemented over two hundred projects. IBTCI serves government agencies, private sector companies and several donor agencies. IBTCI specializes in Monitoring & Evaluation (M&E) across many sectors including, but not limited to, conflict and crisis, democracy and governance, economic growth, education, environment, and global health.
Job Title: International Proposal and Project Support
Department/Location: Vienna, VA
Reports To: Practice Director
Type: Part time, Temporary
This position supports the Social, Economic, Agricultural Development (SEAD) in international development. Good organizational and multi-tasking skills, logistics and administration of exciting business development proposals and projects will contribute to your success. Someone who is assertive, works with a sense of urgency and has a strong work ethic will enjoy the position. This position is located in Vienna, VA for 28 hours per week for 3 months with the possibility of an extension.
Essential Duties/Tasks and Responsibilities:
• Provide project support including transcribing meeting notes, formatting documents, and assisting with graphics.
• Conduct research on a variety of related topics.
• Provide proposal support including requests for information, project research, etc.
• Source and recruit candidates for proposal or project needs.
• Format resumes
• Create personnel bios, matrices, etc.
• Prepare project descriptions and assist with communications materials.
• Organize and maintain files, both hard copy and electronic.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Excellent writing, research and organizational ability.
• Full proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Adobe Suite familiarity desired.
• At least 6 months’ work experience in a fast paced work environment.
• Must be detail-oriented and highly organized.
Working Environment: Work is typically performed in an office environment.
Physical Requirements: This is largely a sedentary position that requires the ability to speak, hear, see, and lift small objects up to 20 lbs.
Supervisory Responsibility: This position does not supervisory responsibilities.
Work Authorization: Must be authorized to work in the USA. This position is not eligible for Visa sponsorship.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
IBTCI is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity for all persons without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, national origin, disabled veteran or Vietnam-era veteran, or any other classification protected by applicable anti-discrimination laws. We prohibit and do not tolerate any form of discrimination or harassment. We are an E-Verify Employer. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
If you are an applicant with a disability that requires a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process or are limited in the ability, or unable to use the online application system and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact Human Resources at 703-749-0100.