International Business & Technical Consultants, Inc. (IBTCI), a U.S. based international development consulting company established in 1987, has worked in over one hundred countries and implemented over two hundred projects. IBTCI serves government agencies, private sector companies and several donor agencies. IBTCI specializes in Monitoring & Evaluation (M&E) across many sectors including, but not limited to, conflict and crisis, democracy and governance, economic growth, education, environment, and global health.
Job Title: International Human Resources Manager
Department/Location: Vienna, VA
Reports To: Director of Human Resources
Type: Regular Full-Time
Classification: This is a managerial, exempt level position
IBTCI is currently seeking an International Human Resources Manager. This position will manage performance management, employment agreements, offer letters, company-wide training programs and other duties as assigned. Additionally, the incumbent should be able to step in to fulfill any of the HR functions. This position is located in Vienna, VA.
Essential Duties/Tasks and Responsibilities:
International Human Resource Management
- Serve as subject matter expert for local labor laws in assigned world region.
- Partner with field offices to interpret labor laws and US government regulations to ensure compliance with HR policies and practices.
- Manage human resource program and policies for assigned region including staffing, compensation, benefits and training.
- Work with local HR staff to ensure consistency in HR practices throughout assigned region and HO.
- Manage required compliance training programs for company.
- Develop and programmatically manage company-wide training material including finance/budget training, leadership training, program management training.
- Work closely with all stakeholders to build a culture of collaboration and innovation.
- Develops, implements, administers, and maintains international benefits programs, policies, and procedures. Ensures programs meet employee needs, comply with legal requirements, and are cost effective.
- Manages all training and development initiatives for all staff. Design, plan, and implement training programs, policies, and procedures. Identify, monitor and ensure training compliance within the organization.
- Review employment agreements and amendments prior to fully execution by the Director of Human Resources.
- Oversee employee closeout (for all Projects in Africa) including email account deactivations, separation letter, employee file relocation, etc.
- Compensation committee lead
- Serve as the lead on the compensation studies and as directed by the leadership
- Collaborate with the leadership on salary structures
- Develop performance review compensation policies and procedures.
- Lead job description review session between new hires and managers at the HO
- Oversee the coordination of the staff forum for non-exempt staff.
- Other duties as assigned.
- At least 5 years of human resource management experience.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Superior organizational skills required.
- Ability to interact with all levels of the organization.
- Ability and willingness to travel both domestically and internationally.
- Proven ability to deliver training courses on topics such as ethics, leadership, management principles, and performance management cycles.
- Demonstrated ability to perform audits in the field on HR, recruiting and payroll records.
- Must be able to facilitate meetings and/or focus groups.
- May supervise one or more people.
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality.
- Experience with benefits administration.
- Excellent presentation skills
Education: Bachelor’s degree in human resource management, business administration or other related field required. PHR or SHRM-CP certification preferred.
Working Environment: Work is typically performed in an office environment.
Physical Requirements: This is largely a sedentary position that requires the ability to speak, hear, see, and lift small objects up to 20 lbs.
Supervisory Responsibility: This position does have supervisory responsibilities.
Travel: International travel may be required and may include travel to fragile and/or conflict-prone zones.
Work Authorization: Must be authorized to work in the USA.
No phone calls please. All candidates will be acknowledged, but only final candidates for particular activities will be contacted.
IBTCI is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity for all persons without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, national origin, disabled veteran or Vietnam-era veteran, or any other classification protected by applicable anti-discrimination laws. We prohibit and do not tolerate any form of discrimination or harassment.
If you are an applicant with a disability that requires a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process or are limited in the ability, or unable to use the online application system and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact Human Resources at 703-749-0100.