International Business & Technical Consultants, Inc. (IBTCI), a U.S. based international development consulting company established in 1987, has worked in over one hundred countries and implemented over three hundred projects. IBTCI serves government agencies, private sector companies and several donor agencies. IBTCI specializes in Monitoring & Evaluation (M&E) across many sectors including, but not limited to, conflict and crisis, democracy and governance, economic growth, education, environment, and global health.
Job Title: International Human Resources and Benefits Manager
Department/Location: Human Resources
Reports To: Sr. Director, Human Resources & Operations
Type: Regular Full-Time
Classification: This is a managerial, exempt level position
IBTCI is currently seeking an International Human Resources and Benefits Manager. This position will manage the benefits and onboarding process. The successful candidate will also provide assistance with employee relations issues. This position is located in Vienna, VA and starts immediately.
Essential Duties/Tasks and Responsibilities:
Benefits and Insurance Administration
- Manage benefit programs and commercial insurance for home and field office needs/staff, including enrollments, COBRA, terminations, changes, beneficiaries, rollovers, distributions, loans, renewals and new insurance placement.
- Manage the maintenance of employee benefit files.
- Update employee payroll records.
- Serve as primary billing contact for plan vendors and third-party administrators; approving, reconciling, and managing invoices and budgets and tracking payments with the accounting department.
- Facilitate transfer of data to external contacts for services, premiums and plan administration.
- Manage and document administrative procedures for assigned benefit processes.
- Ensure compliance with applicable government regulations, including ACA reporting, ensuring timeliness and accuracy of required reporting and fees.
- Responsible for providing cradle to grave technical guidance and HR advisement on benefits strategy, design and pricing to senior management, working closely with benefits broker on issues and concerns.
- Troubleshoots escalated matters and provides solutions.
- Manage DBA enrollment application and renewal for all projects, including records reconciliation.
- Manage FMLA/Leave Administration.
International Human Resource Management
- Serve as subject matter expert for local labor laws in assigned region; partner with field office personnel to interpret labor laws and US government regulations to ensure compliance with HR policies and practices.
- Oversee human resource program and policies for field offices including staffing, compensation, benefits and training.
- Manage, coordinate, handle and process employee relations issues by leading effective, thorough, and objective investigations.
- Conduct internal audits to ensure compliance with IBTCI policies and government regulations.
- Work closely with stakeholders to build a culture of collaboration and innovation.
- Research local benefits, labor laws, etc. for proposals/project start-ups in specific regions.
Human Resource Information Systems (HRIS)
- Manage HRIS system, ensuring data integrity.
- Create new employee profiles in HRIS system (Home Office/Expats/TCNs), including inputting information for demographics, pay rates, taxes, scheduled earnings and deductions, dates and HR, accrual information.
- Point of contact for employees with self-service login access, year-to-date totals, etc.
- Initiate payroll action forms.
- Update and maintain employee profiles and communicate changes to Payroll.
- Responsible for records management for Home Office, Expats and TCNs personnel files in both electronic and hard copy formats.
- Promote “open door” environment with all employees and serve as an active listener to employee concerns and issues.
- Collaborate with management to proactively resolve employee relations issues and make recommendations for resolution within the assigned portfolio of countries.
- Oversee management of employee engagement activities.
- Create written reports and analyze findings.
- Conduct exit interviews for departing employees.
- Make recommendations to senior management of solutions to issues that arise.
- Other duties as assigned.
Preferred Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Experience with workforce in International development preferred.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office, particularly Word and Excel.
- Records management experience strongly preferred.
- Proven ability to meet essential deadlines
- At least five (5) years of human resource management experience
- At least three (3) years of benefits management and oversight experience, with an international portfolio.
- Management responsibility for the open enrollment and benefits strategy and pricing process.
- Ability and willingness to travel both domestically and internationally.
- Proven ability to develop and deliver training courses on a variety of HR topics.
- Demonstrated ability to perform audits in the field on HR, recruiting and payroll records.
- May supervise one or more people.
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and superior organizational skills.
- Ability to interact with all levels of the organization.
Education: Bachelor’s degree in human resource management, business administration or other related field required.
Working Environment: Work is typically performed in an office environment.
Physical Requirements: This is largely a sedentary position that requires the ability to speak, hear, see, and lift small objects up to 20 lbs.
Supervisory Responsibility: This position does have supervisory responsibilities.
Travel: International travel may be required and may include travel to fragile and/or conflict-prone zones.
Work Authorization: Must be authorized to work in the USA.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
No phone calls please. All candidates will be acknowledged, but only final candidates for particular activities will be contacted.
IBTCI is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity for all persons without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, national origin, disabled veteran or Vietnam-era veteran, or any other classification protected by applicable anti-discrimination laws. We prohibit and do not tolerate any form of discrimination or harassment. We are an E-Verify Employer. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
If you are an applicant with a disability that requires a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process or are limited in the ability, or unable to use the online application system and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact Human Resources at 703-749-0100.