Location: Home based/Training to be delivered in Bukavu or Goma (Democratic Republic of Congo)
Starting date: Mid-February 2020
Supervisor: Project Directo
Internews empowers people worldwide with the trustworthy, high-quality news and information they need to make informed decisions, participate in their communities, and hold power to account. Our vision is to unleash human potential everywhere by turning on the bright light of information.
For more than 35 years, in more than 100 countries, Internews has worked to build healthy media and information environments where they are most needed. We have proudly launched hundreds of sustainable organizations, bolstered the skills of thousands of media professionals, activists, and citizens, and helped our partners reach millions of people with quality, local information.
Internews is a non-profit organisation operating internationally, with administrative centres in California, Washington DC, London and Paris as well as regional hubs in Bangkok, Kiev and Nairobi. Formed in 1982, Internews currently has offices in Africa, Asia, Europe, the Middle East, Latin America and North America.
Internews Europe is seeking a French speaking International consultant on Project management and CSOs capacity building to design a training curriculum for advanced training of trainers (TOT) in project management to reinforce the capacities of Women led CSOs active in Eastern DRC. The objective is to empower a generation of women trainers from women led CSOs and CBOs to support and increase the management capacity of local CSOs in implementing and upscaling conflict prevention solutions, projects and initiatives.
Partner women-led CSOs and CBOs will establish local early-warning discussion groups that will collect data and information to feed conflict analysis research, shared with public decision makers and key stakeholders. The expert will be hired for 30 days to design the curricula, handbook and deliver one training of trainer in Bukavu or Goma, DRC.
Internews is implementing a project funded by DFID through the Jo Cox Memorial Grant aiming at reducing violence in Eastern Congo (Ituri, North and South Kivu, and Tanganyika provinces). Partners’ capacity to monitor changing grassroots-level conflicts will be increased with early warning information shared; participation at local/provincial/national level will be increased in the delivery of innovative conflict prevention interventions; and documentation of innovative conflict prevention.
In the Democratic Republic of Congo, Internews implements several projects related to information, communication with the communication and citizen inclusion in public decision-making process, with a focus on women and the youth. Internews activities aim to support advocacy strategies of Congolese CSOs for press freedom and access to public information, reinforce capacities of media professionals and independent media outlets, and enhance information sharing between public decisions makers, journalists, citizens and civil society. Other Internews projects contribute to strengthen women participation to the democratic debate, maintain social cohesion or contribute to strengthen communication with communities in the Ebola response in North Kivu and Ituri. Internews has offices in Kinshasa, Bukavu, Goma, Beni and Butembo.
The International Expert will be responsible for designing training curriculum for advanced training of trainers (TOT) in project management and deliver the TOT in Goma (North Kivu) or Bukavu (South Kivu).
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following; other duties may be assigned:
- Assess the capacity needs of women-led partner CSOs and women trainers to be trained
- Design training curricula for a Training of trainers on project management;
- Training materials will be in French and will be in different format (powerpoints and handbook); training materials should be as much possible context specific and compelling;
- Provide a short English presentation of the training content and outline
- Deliver training of trainers during 5 days in Goma for a group of 21 trainers;
- Produce a training report in English (including a pre and post-test analysis)
- Provide tools to monitor downstream training organized by the trained trainers.
- 10 years of professional experience working in project management and support to civil society and/or community-based organizations;
- Experience in providing interactive training on project management;
- Solid experience in building capacities of women organizations
- Ability to design context specific and appealing training materials;
- Overall knowledge of Africa is essential; Past experience in DRC and/or Knowledge of DRC and the Eastern province is a plus;
- Strong facilitating and training skills;
- Fluency in French and English required.
- Fluency or knowledge of Swahili is a plus.
Technical offer should include methodology, proposed time-line and ;
- CV of Expert
- Provide track records and references for similar consultancies
- Financial offer
Deadline for applications: 15 February 2020