The Financial Specialist is fully responsible for providing support to develop budget proposals, preparing periodic financial reports to all external and internal stakeholders or audiences regardless of funding sources, preparing financial statements as needed by country offices under close supervision of Multi Country Finance Director. She or he will also be responsible in assisting the Finance Director in the analysis, consolidation and review of monthly financial reports and other periodic financial data analysis as well as compliance of policies and procedures of the organization.
Remain alert and responsive to any child safeguarding risks, acquire relevant knowledge and skills which will enable you to promote strong safeguarding practices, understand the child safeguarding policy and procedures, and conduct yourself in a manner consistent with the Child Safeguarding Policy.
- Coordinate with the GSS Accounting Team as needed to ensure aligned accounting to support reporting and management needs.
- Run Efin reports as required.
- Under the direction of the supervisor, support the CO teams to develop budgets and budget notes for proposals.
- Maintain an updated pricing table/s
- Maintain an updated SPC allocation criteria.
- Under the direction of the supervisor carryout capacity assessments for potential partners.
- Under the direction of the supervisor, produce GRF, and update form 7As
- Under the direction of the supervisor carry out field review
- Under the direction of the supervisor maintain a comprehensive system for cash-flow forecasting and budget monitoring.
- Prepare periodic financial reports for all external and internal stakeholders or audiences as needed assigned by supervisor.
- Coordinate with the both the grants and Accounting team to ensure appropriate coding for all funding sources as well as follow-ups on identifies gaps/issues.
- Provide support to review periodic financial reports and budget vs actual to assigned Country Offices.
- Prepare financial and other statutory reports for the country offices under guidance of supervisor as required local laws and regulations.
- Provide support to follow up with donors to clear all receivables as need to close-out the grants appropriately.
- Ensure that Salesforce is updated appropriately as it relates to Grants and NSPs.
- Provide support to appropriate close-out process of grants and reporting requirements by assigned COs and support close-out audit facilitation as needed with close guidance of multi country Finance Director.
- Remain alert and responsive to any child safeguarding risks, acquire relevant knowledge and skills which will enable you to promote strong safeguarding practices, understand the child safeguarding policy and procedures, and conduct yourself in a manner consistent with the Child Safeguarding Policy
- Other tasks assigned by Multi Country Finance Director or/and Area Finance Lead/Manager.
- 5+ years’ experience in international finance or financial management; exposure to INGO finance environment preferred
- Demonstration of knowledge of generally accepted international accounting principles, internal controls, auditing, and grants management
- Demonstrated ability to lead strategic initiatives
- Evidence of critical and analytical thinking; pragmatic problem-solver/able to confront issues & achieve effective resolution
- Ability to train/develop others in financial management & accounting
- Cross-cultural sensitivity & experience
- Effective under pressure, results oriented & proactive
- Commitment to continuous learning and professional integrity
- Computer literate – Word processing, spreadsheets, internet
- Fluency in English required, proficiency in French, Spanish or Portuguese preferred as appropriate.
- Required travel of 20 – 30% in assigned countries
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, Business or equivalent and relevant work
- Full qualification in a recognized accountancy body such as ACA/CIMA/ACCA preferred.
ChildFund International is committed to safeguarding the interests, rights, and well-being of children with whom it is in contact and to conducting its programs and operations in a manner that is safe for children.
Disclaimer: This job description is not an exhaustive list of the skill, effort, duties, and responsibilities associated with the position.