This position is based in Burlington, Vermont.
* Conduct project-specific compliance reviews of internal controls and processes related to human resources, finance, subcontracts, grants, and procurement to identify incidences of non-compliance with USAID rules and regulations and or Tetra Tech ARD policy or practices;
* Address project-specific findings by making recommendations to project management teams aimed at correcting findings, building capacity, and strengthening controls;
* Provide project personnel immediate guidance and training when findings can be quickly addressed;
* Periodically perform policy compliance spot checks across all projects, i.e. vehicle use, asset management, life insurance, security manuals, SAM checks, etc.;
* Track trends across all projects regarding compliance and collaborate with the Internal Compliance Committee (ICC) and Project Systems and Best Practices department to identify opportunities to address operational weakness across all projects;
* Support the ICC’s development and spearhead periodic campaigns that maintain a culture of high ethical standards and compliance across the company; and
* Assist with the coordination of external audits of field offices and projects as necessary.
* Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in relevant field required (e.g. accounting, finance, administration, or similar);
* Minimum of 6 (six) years of relevant professional experience required, with 2-3 years of project management experience preferred, and experience overseas desirable;
* Expertise in USAID rules and regulations (FAR & AIDAR);
* Financially literate, with in-depth understanding of accounting and internal controls;
* Demonstrated training, capacity building, and mentoring experience;
* Must be willing to travel to anywhere Tetra Tech ARD works (up to 40%/year), including to high-risk countries;
* Self-motivated and able to work with minimal guidance on concurrent tasks with poise and professionalism;
* Strong organizational experience that demonstrates a high level of accuracy and attention to detail;
* Proficiency in French or Spanish desirable, but not required; and
* U.S. citizenship or a valid U.S. work permit is mandatory.
To be considered, applicants must submit the following as part of this online application process:
* A letter of application explaining individual qualifications for this opportunity
* A current CV in reverse chronological format
* A list of at least 3 professional references including name, contact information, and statement of relationship to the reference
Please ensure that all necessary documents are uploaded, as incomplete applications and/or corrupt files may delay processing of your application or remove you from consideration.
Please indicate where you saw Tetra Tech ARD’s ad posted.
Applications that do not meet the minimum requirements listed above will not be considered.
No phone calls will be accepted.
Tetra Tech is a leading provider of consulting, engineering, and technical services worldwide. Our reputation rests on the technical expertise and dedication of our employees—16,000 people working together across disciplines and time zones to provide smart, sustainable solutions for challenging projects. We are proud to be home to leading technical experts in water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development. Tetra Tech combines the resources of a global, multibillion dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in 400 locations around the world. We offer competitive compensation and benefits and are searching for innovative people to join our teams. We are an equal opportunity employer: EOE AA/M/F/Vets/Disability.