CARE is seeking an Intern- Monitoring &Evaluation for our Malawi office.CARE Malawi is currently implementing four emergency response and recovery projects: 3 related to food security and agriculture, and 1 related to shelter. There are also several other proposals on food security and agriculture recovery that have recently been submitted and are pending a decision. Current projects include:
- Food distribution to 40,000 households in Nsanje District with funding from WFP, from July 2016 – March 2017
- Cash transfers and agricultural recovery work to 12,700 households in Ntcheu, Nsanje, and Mulanje District with funding from ECHO, from March 2016 – May 2017.
- Agricultural recovery work funded by USAID/OFDA from August 2016 – July 2017.
- Emergency shelter for Mozambican refugees with funding from UNHCR, from May 2016 – December 2016.
- The intern would be responsible for working with Project Managers to develop or revise Participatory Monitoring, Evaluation, Reflection and Learning (PMERL) systems for each project. The systems would include indicator tracking tables, data collection and management plans, plans for sharing the information with key stakeholders including the community, and all necessary data collection forms. If baseline/endlines fall during the period of the internship, the intern would also review data collection plans and tools. The intern would build the capacity of M&E Coordinators to collect and analyze data, and to hold participatory reflection sessions where learning is documented. Finally, the intern would support the Emergency Team Leader with occasional donor reporting, proposal development, and other tasks as needed.
- Proficient in MS Office (Word, Excel and Power Point)
Expected Duration of Internship:
- September – December 2016, with possibility of extension