This internship will be unpaid and based at Eurasia Group’s offices in New York. Applicants must be able to provide a certificate from their academic institution demonstrating their eligibility for academic credit for this internship.
Eurasia Group is the world’s leading political risk advisory and consulting firm. Our mission is to assist investors, companies, and public-sector institutions capitalize on the opportunities and manage the risks created by the impact of politics and policy on markets around the world.
We are seeking a spring intern to support our coverage of energy markets within our Global Energy & Natural Resources (GENR) practice. The intern will undertake research that helps the GENR team identify, monitor, and analyze political and economic developments in energy producing and consuming countries. The internship will provide opportunities to learn about the political risk and energy fields, develop competencies applicable to them, and network with Eurasia Group analysts, including country experts.
- Follow and report on key developments in energy market as well as political issues in energy producing or consuming countries that will impact markets (e.g., Trump U-turn on climate change, upstream investment terms, environmental policy impacting the power sector, etc.)
- Provide targeted research for use in client-facing products on specific topics (e.g., research notes and reports, responses to client inquiries, Power Point presentations)
- Assist in the design and development of new products and tools (e.g., policy trackers, informational graphics, new topics and themes meriting deeper coverage)
- Educational background in international affairs, political science, and/or business;
- Interest in and basic understanding of energy markets;
- Ability to perform research and analysis, including simple quantitative assessments;
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office Suite applications (especially Excel and Power Point); and
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Flexible. Please indicate in application how much time you can commit to working with us.
Applicants should submit a resume and brief cover letter to [email protected].