International Business & Technical Consultants, Inc. (IBTCI), a U.S. based international development consulting company established in 1987, has worked in over one hundred countries and implemented over three hundred projects. IBTCI serves government agencies, private sector companies and several donor agencies. IBTCI specializes in Monitoring & Evaluation (M&E) across many sectors including, but not limited to, conflict and crisis, democracy and governance, economic growth, education, environment, and global health.
Job Title: Interim Deputy Chief of Party
Department/Location: Amman, Jordan
Reports To: Chief of Party
Type: Interim Full-Time
Classification: This is a managerial, exempt level position and is not eligible for overtime
Overview: IBTCI is seeking an Interim Deputy Chief of Party (DCOP) for an existing USAID Bureau of Humanitarian Affairs (BHA), formerly OFDA/FFP, third-party monitoring (TPM) and verification contract based in Amman, Jordan for a project monitoring humanitarian assistance in Yemen. The purpose of this contract is to verify and provide independent confirmation of humanitarian aid programs in the region.
Essential Duties/Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Lead overall coordination of the Monitoring Report (MR) cycle, including approving site visit plans and checklists, managing site visit data submission from subcontractors, ensuring protocols, assignments and deadlines are clearly communicated/adhered to and preparing/updating monthly site visit data submission schedules.
- Lead the preparation of Monitoring Reports, Site Visit Reports and other deliverables.
- Lead technical management of TPM subcontractors and short-term consultants.
- Support the Project’s liaison with IPs.
- Support the COP as a contributing developer of content for external workshops and trainings and liaison with USAID.
- Supervise program staff, including Project Coordinators and TPM monitors.
- Serve in the capacity of the COP in the absence of the COP.
- Any other duties as assigned.
- The Deputy Chief of Party must have at least five (5) years of progressively responsible experience related to the contract subject matter. Within the five (5) years of experience, the Deputy Chief of Party should have at least two (2) years of experience managing teams and at least one year of experience working in conflict zones.
- At least 5 years of experience managing Third Party Monitoring (TPM) projects, or large-scale Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) support projects.
- Previous experience conducting quantitative and qualitative field research in an emergency setting.
- Supervisory experience, including technical and administrative management of subcontractors.
- Previous experience working on programs implemented in Yemen or the region is desirable.
- Proven experience managing sub-contractors.
- Previous experience implementing a USAID-funded program is desirable.
- English fluency is required.
Education: Bachelor’s degree in International Affairs, Social Science, Statistics or related field required. Master’s degree preferred.
Working Environment: Work is typically performed in an office environment.
Physical Requirements: This is largely a sedentary position that requires the ability to speak, hear, see, and lift small objects up to 20 lbs.
Supervisory Responsibility: This position has supervisory responsibilities.
Travel: International travel may be required and may include travel to fragile and/or conflict-prone zones.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
IBTCI is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity for all persons without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, national origin, disabled veteran or Vietnam-era veteran, or any other classification protected by applicable anti-discrimination laws. We prohibit and do not tolerate any form of discrimination or harassment. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
If you are an applicant with a disability that requires a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process or are limited in the ability, or unable to use the online application system and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact Human Resources at 703-749-0100.