Science, Technology and Innovation
Lead the team of Intellectual Property to increase awareness of the economic and social value of domestically created Intellectual Properties (IP) in the developing countries. The role is also expected to facilitate various forums for international IP and innovation specialists to share best practices in promoting IP commercialization opportunities for public and private sector in the developing world context.
- Participate in the development of annual work plan and budget of the STI Strategy Division.
- Work with the Division Manager and STI Director to develop and implement the Intellectual Property plan and operational frameworks, achieving objectives and deliverables in line with IsDB strategy and objectives.
- Manage conduct of research on IP in the IsDB Member Countries and recommends potential exchange of best practices
- Establish IPR unit in the Bank to promote the IPR Systems in the Member Countries and within Bank’s Operation.
- Develop an in-depth database of research works across IsDB and its Member Countries and identify potential opportunities for the commercialization of these works.
- Develop and maintain a database and an interface system to manage intellectual property, IP disclosures and education related to IP, within IsDB and Member Countries.
- Lead the initiation of regular forums to increase awareness of the economic and social value of domestically created IP in developing countries, international IP and innovation specialists to share best practices.
- Lead and facilitate the exchange of knowledge and best practices in promoting IP commercialization opportunities for public and private sector in the developing world context.
- Lead in the infusion of the developing world perspective on IP management from a developed worldview.
- Advise, in partnership with the World Intellectual Property Organization (WIPO), on mechanisms to manage structural issues that impacts IP commercialization in the developing world.
- Put in place strategy and programs in positioning IsDB to create and leverage Intellectual Property in Developing Countries which will be a power tool for Social and Economic Growth.
- Support the Division Manager in the development of KPI’s and performance criteria for the Division staff, managing and evaluating the performance.
Education, Certification & Experience::
Academic and professional qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Law or related field with a focus on Intellectual Property.
- Minimum 10 years of relevant experience in Intellectual Property, commercialization and business proposals, of which 3 years in the managerial/supervisory role.
- English (Mandatory)
- Arabic (Preferred)
- French (Preferred)