The Danish Refugee Council assists refugees and internally displaced persons across the globe: we provide emergency aid, fight for their rights, and strengthen their opportunity for a brighter future. We work in conflict-affected areas, along the displacement routes, and in the countries where refugees settle. In cooperation with local communities, we strive for responsible and sustainable solutions. We work toward successful integration and – whenever possible – for the fulfillment of the wish to return home.
The Danish Refugee Council was founded in Denmark in 1956 and has since grown to become an international humanitarian organization with more than 7,000 staff and 8,000 volunteers. Based in Copenhagen (Denmark) and present in forty countries, the Danish Refugee Council is a non-profit-making, politically independent, non-governmental and non-denominational relief organization.
Our vision is a dignified life for all displaced. All our efforts are based on our value compass: humanity, respect, independence and neutrality, participation, and honesty and transparency.
DRC has been operating in Greece since November 2015, providing support to the Greek Ministry of Migration Policy in ensuring dignified reception conditions for refugees and migrants arriving on Lesvos island. In March 2016, DRC expanded its operations in Athens, in response to the changing context and the build-up of refugee population on mainland Greece.
DRC Greece is looking to recruit a qualified, flexible and enthusiastic professional to work for its Office in Athens (Attica Greece) as an Integration Learning Center Assistant. The ILC Assistant will have a complementary to the ILC Officer role performing in the needed degree all the duties of the role while will be the Security Focal point for ILC.
Duties & Responsibilities
Under the managerial supervision of the Urban Manager, the Integration Learning Center Assistant will be working directly with teams to ensure all services are available to beneficiaries enrolled in the activities of the ILC.
The main responsibilities will include (but not be limited to) the following:
- Ensure the timely opening and closing of ILC, as per the need of the project;
- Under the guidance of the Urban Manager, provision of information to beneficiaries and referral to other actors working in the ILC according to the requests related to HELIOS integration services
- Handling of ILC front desk, management of the requests in coordination with the actors working in ILC and visits management so as to ensure the smooth operation of ILC and the unhindered provision of all ILC services.
- In coordination with the actors working in ILC monitoring of the daily appointments’ schedule.
- Responsible for the administrative support of the project, including support to Urban Manager, Team Leader, Educator, RSC Assistant and Cultural Mediators.
- Support in the proper monitoring and evaluation, so that the relevant project data is accurately collected and updated on a weekly and monthly basis;
- Keep track of supplies and stationary, initiating procurement as needed;
- Support meetings, events and workshop arrangements, including organization of venues, as necessary;
- Support in the preparation of project reports and support with data collection and reporting, so that these are performed in a timely and accurate manner;
- Responsible to ensure all administrative and filing requirements are in place in the ILC;
- Report any potential protection issues/risks identified in the ILC facilities to her/his supervisor;
- Monitor all the safety and security related issues and undertake the role of ILC Security Focal Point
In addition to the above, the Integration Learning Center Assistant may be asked to carry out other duties requested by the Urban Manager.
- University degree in Social Sciences
- At least two year working experience in a related field; previous working experience with local or international NGOs will be considered as a strong advantage
- Excellent verbal and written Greek and English skills are required.
- Experience of community-based or community mobilization work in a humanitarian context is a strong advantage
- Strong computer skills
- High professional ethics
Required Skills & Qualities
• Core Competencies of DRC:
o Striving for excellence
o Taking the lead
o Demonstrating Integrity
- Ability to work in a multinational and multicultural environment
- Proactivity, with a sound commitment to teamwork and with a spirit of genuine collaboration
- Strong initiative and self-motivated, with a strong commitment to humanitarian principle and high sense of ethics
- Excellent communication skills, as well as patience and politeness, are needed
- Ability to cope with high workload and stress and identify priority activities and assignments, and adjust priorities as required
- Multi-tasking and organizational skills is a must, and a good sense of humor
Terms & Conditions
- The contract will be under the Greek Labor Law (this is a national position)
- All allowances will be provided to the employees (Christmas, Easter, Vacation bonus)
- DRC provides training opportunities to develop and strengthen the quality of its services as well as its staff members’ professional and personal development.
- The position will be based in Attika (Greece) and national terms and conditions apply
Are you interested? Then apply for this position on line: http://www.drc.dk/about-drc/vacancies/current-vacancies. All applicants must send a cover letter and an updated CV (no longer than four pages). Both must be in English.
DRC provides equal opportunity in employment and prohibits discrimination in employment on the basis of race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability. DRC encourages all applicants to apply and does not practice any discrimination in any recruitment process. However, applicants must be aware that DRC cannot systemically sponsor non-EU citizen or non-Greek resident for all the steps of legal process to get a work permit and/or a residency permit in Greece.
Applications close on the 24th of July 2020. Applications submitted after this date will not be considered.
Due to the urgency of the position, DRC has the right to recruit a candidate who matches the required profile before the above deadline.