Reports To: Head, Department of E-learning
Location: Butaro, Burera District, Rwanda (full time)
- Work with the head of E-learning to develop and implement course content for online learning environments;
- Develop course activities based on course objectives and instructor vision and apply best practices in teaching and learning;
- Liaise with course development team members to identify appropriate course resources and carry out course development tasks;
- Assist in the implementation of course activities into a learning management system, Canvas and populi;
- Assist in the Planning, coordinating and conducting of Quality Assurance reviews in advance of offering the course to students and follow up with appropriate team member to ensure changes are made;
- Assist the e-learning team to identify, plan and implement course improvements as part of the course review process;
- Develop and maintain a body of knowledge on emerging trends and educational standards in areas such as active learning, technology-enhanced learning, reflective practice and workplace learning;
- Edit courses being developed for grammar;
- Add content to learning management.
- Bachelor’s degree required (i.e., Information technology, multimedia development, curriculum development, teaching and learning, higher education);
- Experience with curriculum development;
- Experience editing documents;
- Experience with multimedia development (Video, audio, interactive software);
- Some project management experience required;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English;
- English proficiency required;
- French and/or Kinyarwanda proficiency preferred.
Applicants should provide: (1) a curriculum vitae, (2) a cover letter, (3) a personal statement, (4) names and contact information of three professional references (5) copies of all degrees earned. Please upload your cover letter, personal statement, and proof of degrees attained as a single PDF file under “Additional Files” on the application page.
The University of Global Health Equity (UGHE) is a new kind of university focused on training the next generation of global leaders in health care delivery. The university launched in Rwanda in September 2015 with its flagship degree program: the Master of Science in Global Health Delivery. Through an academic experience uniquely rooted in the values of equity, students are empowered to both ease suffering at the bedside and drive transformational, systemic changes in health care.
Members of the UGHE community are tenacious and resolute in their drive to attain social justice, make common cause with those in need, listen to and learn from others, and operate with honesty and humility as they uphold academic integrity and intellectual curiosity. The University of Global Health Equity seeks individuals committed to these values to join the team.