This is an exciting opportunity to join an energetic, growing global Resource Mobilization (RM) team, amplifying the presence of m2m in North America. We are looking for a dynamic and results-driven Institutional Giving Manager with demonstrated expertise in frontline fundraising to join a high performing team. The Institutional Giving Manager will support the m2m Director of Institutional Partnerships to identify, cultivate and secure revenue from trusts and foundations. The Institutional Giving Manager will maintain a personal portfolio of new institutional relationships and provide grant management for key existing donors, as well as leading efforts to create a robust pipeline of new strategic partners to grow and diversify m2m’s revenue streams. The Institutional Giving Manager will provide thought leadership on engaging new audiences to build models of growth for restricted and unrestricted funding, and strategic input to leverage global campaigns and opportunities. This role will require extensive collaboration with global colleagues (including as key team liaison to m2m’s Business Development team on the proposal development process), and will report to the Director of Institutional Partnerships. NYC base is preferred, with San Francisco, Los Angeles and London base also considered.
Key Performance Areas:
Revenue Growth & Relationship Management
- Be a “hands on” fundraiser by driving new business through creation of strategic partnerships and identifying, approaching and securing 5-6 figure grants from new institutional and/or corporate foundation sources.
- Initiate engagement with prospects creatively and effectively based on their full net worth (e.g. expertise, network, and financial capacity), regularly opening up grantmaking opportunities for personal portfolio as well as m2m colleagues in North America and globally.
- Lead North American institutional and/or corporate foundation pipeline activity, undertaking fruitful prospecting activities and research to deliver a thoroughly researched pipeline of 5-6 figure prospects, designing cultivation strategies for each prospect in collaboration with Director of Institutional Partnerships, and facilitating accurate monthly prioritization and financial reforecasting exercises to ensure all systems are up to date.
- Engage colleagues across m2m entities and key external stakeholders in developing strategies to engage specific segments, and to support global approaches and relationships.
- Engage the Senior Management Team and other senior staff as appropriate in advancing prospect relationships, including planning and coordinating their cultivation, proposal and solicitation efforts.
- Work to and achieve financial and activity targets that have been set with the Director of Institutional Partnerships, including developing and tracking revenue projections.
Communications & Grant Coordination
- Ensure team’s maximum awareness of m2m’s programs and fundraising opportunities, including developing and keeping updated information on m2m services, projects and initiatives requiring funding.
- Develop and prepare high quality written materials, overseeing donor proposals, communications, award submissions, and stewardship reporting.
- Ensure grant compliance with adherence to all stipulations and regulations related to successful grants, helping to secure reports from technical staff in Cape Town and satellite offices in a timely fashion as well as interpreting and preparing information for donors.
- Serve as team liaison to Business Development, providing effective surge support for proposal coordination, development and submission.
- Ensure full and timely records of donor activity are kept in Salesforce.
- Carry out any other reasonable tasks assigned by the Director of Institutional Partnerships.