CowaterSogema is recruiting a field-based Institutional Capacity Development Expert, Food Safety for a project in Vietnam. Reporting to the Field Team Leader, the Institutional Capacity Development Expert, Food Safety will be based full-time in country, leading all aspects of the development and delivery of institutional capacity building activities to national counterparts and beneficiaries.
Summary of Project:
The project aims to improve the performance of national and sub-national governments in enforcing food safety regulations to meet international standards. It will do so by streamlining food inspection systems including legal, regulatory and enforcement mechanisms and capacities; improving safety and competitiveness of selected Vietnamese agri-food products and value chains; and increasing the application of food safety best practices. The project also aims to improve economic opportunities for farmers and women, as well as agri-food actors supplying safe food, and enhance consumer demand for safe and affordable agri-food in Vietnam.
- Master’s Degree in Economics, Agronomics, Business Management, Public Health, or a related field.
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in the Agri-food Sector, including Food Safety Management; and
- Extensive experience providing institutional capacity building regionally and nationally on food safety practices and food value chains.
- Experience working in Vietnam or in the region with a diverse group of stakeholders ranging from government departments, donors, farmers/producers, processors, and distributors; and
Experience working with the Canadian or other Food Inspection Agency bodies, plus regional food and agricultural projects.
- Fully fluent (reading, writing, speaking) in English and Vietnamese; and
- Demonstrable experience working with multi-disciplinary and multi-cultural team.
- Knowledge of Canadian and Vietnamese institutions, agencies, universities, private sector companies and ministries involved in food safety.