The Frontier Technologies (FT) programme is one of the Foreign, Commonwealth and Development Office’s (FCDO’s) most pioneering, exciting, and widely recognised initiatives. FT enables FCDO to explore, understand, test, and scale cutting-edge technologies across its geographic and technical portfolio. The programme has earned several accolades, including recognition as the most innovative programme in the UK Civil Service in 2017.
There are three main components to the programme:
- Frontier Technology Livestreaming (FTL) – supports trialling and scaling of new technologies through a series of in-country pilots
- Frontier Tech Futures – enables FCDO staff to explore what radical technological transformation means for the future, and consequently, FCDO
- Covid Action 2 – a rapid response mechanism to the pandemic which in future will focus on Oxygen Concentrators and Vaccine Data
Working closely with the Team Leader of FT, you will support IMC’s contribution to the programme by supporting across all components of the programme.
Main responsibilities/job content
Frontier Technology Livestreaming (FTL) – 30 %
• Provide as-needed support to Innovation Programme Managers on FTL around contracting, invoicing, minute taking, and other programme management tasks
• Assist pilot grantees overseas in delivering their pilots through coaching calls
• Assist in the management of the next Call for applications for pilots
• Support the management of tenders to identify tech providers and implementation partners
• Meet the quality standards of the company and of the development partners, our Clients
• Meet the high ethical standards of the company as directed by the IMC policies related, but not limited to: Business Ethics, Equal opportunities, Anti-Harassment & Bullying, Safeguarding, Anti-Slavery and Human trafficking and Data Protection
Frontier Technology Futures – 30 %
• Co-ordinate virtual workshops with FCDO staff on topics such as the future of money/elections/cities/work
• Carry out research into relevant topics as needed
• Co-ordinate networking events for FCDO staff such as lunch and learns
Programme-wide management – 10 %
• Provide as needed support to Covid Action 2
• Support in the management of the database of frontier technology solution providers
• Support with uploading content onto the FT website and medium publication
• Provide as-needed support to the creation of quarterly and annual reports
Business development – 30%
• Assist with identifying partners and consultants to work on projects
• Support the preparation of Expressions of Interest and bids including developing work plans, budgets and references.
A typical day at work
A typical day might include working on the submission of an Expression of Interest in the morning followed by co-ordinating a horizon scanning workshop for FCDO staff in the afternoon on the future of money.
The programme and team take great pride in the culture and spirit of collaboration and innovation developed over the life of the programme. The team is also very highly motivated, committed to over-communication, and dedicated to keep delivering at (and improving upon) the high standard of its work. FT itself is all about doing development differently by using a methodology developed specifically for the programme, employing innovative programme management methods, and continuously experimenting with new approaches and tools.
Please read full job description
How to apply
Please submit your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org explaining clearly why you are interested in this role and working for IMC, the skills and experiences you can bring to it, and how your experience meets the person specification. Your covering letter should also include your salary expectations.
The deadline for applications is Monday 14th March. Applications will be reviewed on an on-going basis, so it is recommended you apply as soon as possible.
For more information about working with IMC please click here
For more information about IMC please click here