The Enterprise and Innovation Programme (EIP) is, funded by the UK Department for International Development and implemented by DAI Europe in Tajikistan. The EIP will increase innovation and growth in start-ups and Micro-Small and medium Sized companies (M-SME), by establishing business innovation and incubator centres. These centres will identify and select candidates for training to start a business and develop their business development competencies. Whilst the centres will not provide financing, they will refer suitable and certified start-ups to credible financial intermediaries. The centres will provide vocational training, mentoring and practical business advice, within the context of the countries. The recipients of the technical assistance provided under this contract will be individual entrepreneurs that want to start a business (called a start-up), micro, and small and medium sized companies, and business advisory services in the host countries. A business advisory service is defined as a company or association that provides technical consultancy on key aspects of business development, such as finance, marketing and communications, product production, operations, management, and law
Scope of Position
EIP is in the preparation of launching its first Business Innovation Centre (BIC), where the programme wants to select a facility with high quality on a long-term basis. The Consultant shall be an experienced expert in construction and technical works to assess the facilities on technical condition, reconstruction works requirements as well as a long-term maintenance plan. He/She will work under overall supervision of the Country Director who will oversee the Tajikistan operations, and will report to the E&I Lead, whom he/she will work with on Tajikistan’s technical outputs whilst cooperating with specialist team members to ensure the programme meets its targets. The Consultant must have sectoral experience and be able to lead technical and construction work.
- Overall assessment of shortlisted facilities in terms of infrastructure, technical condition, health and safety and maintenance
- Assess and provide recommendation in terms of required reconstruction works, technical requirements along with financial planning
- Preparation and issuance of technical specifications for the design of premises and repair and construction work to restore the technical condition of the building.
- Review facilities according to international standards and best practices
- Prepare a final report of the technical condition of the building and preparation of a summary of the technical condition of the building in coordination with the TL and CD
- Prepare a long-term maintenance plan for the facilities to ensure quality
- Post graduate degree in construction and engineering, or other relevant qualification.
Last date for submission of applications is 17th November 2019 (23:59 GMT).