International Business & Technical Consultants, Inc. is seeking an intern for a part-time position in our Information Technology department to start in May. The intern will report to the Senior Manager, Information Technology or his designee. This position will work out of both our headquarters in Vienna, VA and our satellite office in Washington, D.C.
Essential Duties/Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Provide assistance to employees on all configuration and operations questions.
- Assist employees with software troubleshooting.
- Deploy, maintain and troubleshoot Windows and Mac based PCs and laptops.
- Google Apps Domain Management & Provisioning.
- Maintain Active directory, Network directory & Accounting servers.
- Maintain detailed inventory for IT/phone equipment & software for home and field offices.
- Implement methods, procedures and best practices for installation, maintenance, augmentation and repair of network infrastructure.
- Other duties as assigned.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent troubleshooting and analytical skills.
- Working knowledge of server environments, as well as personal computer hardware and software.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strict attention to detail.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks under tight deadlines.
- Network configuration and troubleshooting.
- DNS and DHCP.
- Windows XP and 7 PC support and troubleshooting.
- Cloud computing.
- Hardware support and troubleshooting.
- Working towards a Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, or relevant related field.
Working Environment: Work is typically performed in an office environment.
Physical Requirements: This is largely a sedentary position that requires the ability to speak, hear, see, and lift small objects up to 20 lbs.
Supervisory Responsibility: This position does not have supervisory responsibilities.
Travel: Local travel.
Work Authorization: Must be authorized to work in the USA.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
IBTCI is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity for all persons without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, national origin, disabled veteran or Vietnam-era veteran, or any other classification protected by applicable anti-discrimination laws. We prohibit and do not tolerate any form of discrimination or harassment. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
If you are an applicant with a disability that requires a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process or are limited in the ability, or unable to use the online application system and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact Human Resources at 703-749-0100.