The Danish Refugee Council assists refugees and internally displaced persons across the globe: we provide emergency aid, fight for their rights, and strengthen their opportunity for a brighter future. We work in conflict-affected areas, along the displacement routes, and in the countries where refugees settle. In cooperation with local communities, we strive for responsible and sustainable solutions. We work toward successful integration and – whenever possible – for the fulfilment of the wish to return home.
The Danish Refugee Council was founded in Denmark in 1956, and has since grown to become an international humanitarian organization with more than 7,000 staff and 8,000 volunteers. Our vision is a dignified life for all displaced.
All of our efforts are based on our value compass: humanity, respect, independence and neutrality, participation, and honesty and transparency.
Operating since 2004 in Lebanon, DRC has addressed the needs and rights of vulnerable populations, working initially with Palestinian refugees (since 2004), Iraqi refugees (2007-2010), Lebanese IDPs (during the 2006 conflict), migrant domestic workers (since 2009) and, since 2011, responding to the Syrian refugee crisis.
DRC Lebanon is currently delivering programming in protection, housing, infrastructure, basic assistance, livelihoods, and community development interventions. This myriad programming seeks to address the immediate needs of displaced populations and concurrently support vulnerable host populations. DRC has five offices spread throughout Lebanon in, Beirut, the Bekaa, Saida, Tripoli and Qobayat.
About the job
The IM Assistant will be responsible for day-to-day management of data entered into the DRC Lebanon IM System “Alpha” with more focus on RIMS. Also the IM Assistant will extract data from the IM System based on the request from IM and RIMS Managers and also visualizing data in user friendly way to be used after for reporting and data validation.
Your main duties and responsibilities will be:
• Ensures data collected by DRC Teams and RIMS partners is cross-checked, clean, and free of errors;
• Provides technical guidance and troubleshooting support for data planning, collection, recording and reporting requirements for field staff;
• Reports regularly to the Line Manager on the progress and quality of the data;
• Produces and files statistical and graphical reports;
• Takes responsibility for adapting and testing the database and develop system procedures/manuals;
• Manages, and creates users access to Alpha and their permissions;
• Identifies technical gaps in the program and identifies/implements solutions to meet these gaps;
• Any other duties as agreed with the IM Manager and RIMS Manager
To be successful in this role we expect you to have a Bachelor degree in information management, business management, Computer Science, Computer Engineering or other related fields. Moreover, we also expect the following:
• 1-2 years of experience in information/data management systems in a humanitarian context.
• Technical experience implementing IM programs, such as database management for NGO or private sector company.
• Experience in data collection and analysis, and program reporting.
• Experience in database systems (PostgreSQL, SQL server, MySQL) as well in designing and using .NET core applications;
• Strong ability to organize work, meet deadlines, maintain composure, prioritize work under pressure, coordinate multiple tasks and maintain attention to detail
• Experience in creating online forms using online platforms such as Kobo, ODK, and Survey CTO.
• Extensive experience in Excel, and its functionalities such as pivoting, lookups, and excel functions.
• Experience in data visualization tools such as excel, tableau, Power BI, and Adobe suite.
• Basic experience in GIS.
• Excellent interpersonal and problem-solving skills, creativity and flexibility
• Fluency in English and Arabic required
• INGO experience preferred
In this position, you are expected to demonstrate DRC’ five core competencies:
Striving for excellence: You focus on reaching results while ensuring an efficient process.
Collaborating: You involve relevant parties and encourage feedback.
Taking the lead: You take ownership and initiative while aiming for innovation.
Communicating: You listen and speak effectively and honestly.
Demonstrating integrity: Upholding and promoting the highest standards of ethical and professional conduct in relation to DRC’s values and Code of Conduct, including safeguarding against sexual exploitation, abuse and harassment.
Contract length: 9 months
Band/Level: Band H, Level 1, Basic Salary 1350 USD (Depending on years of experience)
Duty Station: Beirut
Start date: June 2019
Salary and conditions will be in accordance with Danish Refugee Council’s Terms of Employment for Expatriates; please refer to drc.ngo under Vacancies. For questions regarding the vacancy please contact email@example.com.
All applicants must upload a cover letter and an updated CV (no longer than four pages) in English. Applications sent by email will not be considered.
Closing date for applications: 31st of May 2019. Interviews are expected to take place on rolling basis.
For further information about the Danish Refugee Council, please consult our website drc.ngo.